“great food and great ambiance”
Review of Basil

Basil
Ranked #139 of 12,316 Restaurants in Bangkok
Price range: US$0 - US$25
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Sukhumvit
Description: basil is an award-winning Thai restaurant serving the finest authentic cuisine in a sophisticated setting. Diners can enjoy the exquisite flavors of traditional dishes made from fresh ingredients and presented with creative flair.
Reviewed 22 January 2018

this is the third time we have eaten at Basil. The food is of excellent quality and great taste. Full of flavor's and a wonderful dinning experience. The staff are very friendly and attentive. A wonderful evening and will certainly visit upon my next trip to Bangkok

2  Thank peterokane2
GMSGS, General Manager at Basil, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2018

Dear peterokane2,

Thank you for your continuous return to basil and for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to read that you had a memorable dining experience at our award-winning Thai restaurant. basil aims offers the essence of traditional dishes, infused with a fresh modern flair. Your kind words for the team at basil has been shared for their friendly and attentive service.

We look forward to your next visit to Bangkok and to your return to basil.

Reviewed 17 January 2018 via mobile

I took my mother and the family to dinner and was a bit disappointed. The cocktail was excellent and the atmosphere comfortable. However the food felt a bit watered down for foreign tourists and visitors. I actually enjoyed the Thai dishes in the breakfast buffet at the orchid cafe, more than I did at this dinner. I was able to compare the mussuiman curry. To be fair my wife always orders without coriander therefore might have confused the waiter. The Phai Thai is excellent.

1  Thank ESJ83
GMSGS, General Manager at Basil, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2018

Dear ESJ83,

Thank you for sharing your recent dining experience at basil with your family.

Your opinions are very valuable in helping us maintain a high level of service to guests and in ensuring that your expectations are met on each visit.

I am happy to learn that you enjoyed the basil's overall atmosphere and the cocktail served. I am very concerned to learn that you were disappointed with the food ordered in basil. I have brought this up to the attention of our Executive Chef to re-emphasize to all chefs to follow our standard recipe to ensure that the same food presentation and delicious taste at all times. I do apologize for your disappointment.

We do hope that in spite of the incident, we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future so that we are able to remedy the poor impression created on this occasion.

Reviewed 17 January 2018

這家泰式餐廳裝潢很時尚。但口味部分傑出,部分不盡如人意。非常滿意的是deep fried tiger prawn, tamarind sauce, sweet basil and dry chili這道調味出色、蝦肉美味的主菜。結合魚餅、蝦餅和蟹餅的deep fried crab, prawn and fish cakes也還蠻有意思的。但它的綠咖哩雞chicken in green curry讓人非常失望,湯汁稀薄,雞肉少得可憐。至於有一道炒豬肉,我實在感覺不出它跟一般尋常的中國菜有何不同。有提供三種不同的米飯供客人選擇。飯後甜點由一輛推車展示,椰子奶油布蕾Coconut crème brulée
和芒果冰淇淋pandan crepes wrapped with shredded sweet coconut served with mango ice cream都不錯。

1  Thank wts234

Dear wts234,

May I thank you for choosing to dine at basil and for the time that you have taken to share your feedback with us.

I am concerned to read that the taste of some of our cuisine did not meet your expectations. There is a fine art in balancing sweet, salty, sour and spicy to create the perfect Thai dish. As we want to provide the best experience for all guests, please allow us to re-cook a dish if needed or ask us to bring more of your favorite for your future visits.

Please accept my sincere apologies for this mis-experience and I do hope in spite of the incident, we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to experience the improvement.

With Kind Regards,

Reviewed 16 January 2018

Lovely atmosphere, elegant but very comfortable (thanks to the staff), very high quality food/service/presentation, authentic high class Thai food right in the middle of Bangkok.

2  Thank Davide T

Dear Davide T,

Thank you for your recent dining at basil and for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor.

It is always a pleasure to read positive feedback and I am very happy to learn that you enjoyed our authentic Thai cuisine and the level of service.

We hope to welcome you back for more of our authentic dishes at basil.

Reviewed 14 January 2018

Most of the time, because of the kids, we were having our meals in the room but I was getting a bit bored so convinced my wife to go down to Basil wih the kids for dinner. Frankly I had no idea what kind of experience I was going to go for. I just saw the ad in the lift and then near the reception and knew that this was the hotel's Thai restaurant. We didnt realise we were in for a fine dining setting with our two kids :)
Nonetheless the service was very good. The food was very good too (I ordered the soft shell Cab Stir Fry and Grilled Beef Salad) Not cheap but not crazy expensive at all. In fact, by Dubai Standards, where we live its quite reasonably priced. The desert was the most interesting item for me. Coconut Creme Brulee. It was not an overflowing of flavor but rather a middle of the line coconut and classic creme brulee taste....very nice.

2  Thank Saltheman2

Dear saltheman2,

Thank you for sharing you dining experience at basil.

I am delighted to learn that you had an opportunity to dine at basil with your family during your recent stay with us and very much enjoyed the authentic Thai cuisine offered. Your compliments will be shared with both our culinary and service team.

We hope to welcome you back to basil and to Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit in the near future.