US$80
US$245
US$179
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$215/night.

Novotel Bangkok Platinum Pratunam(Bangkok)
US$125
The Peninsula Bangkok(Bangkok)
US$286
US$272
Priceline
All reviewssim cardtuk tuk serviceliving roombts stationthe main roadrooms are hugephloen chitshuttle servicesmall alleyquiet locationsmall poollumpini parkwashing machinefree shuttleruamtaxithai
Reviewed 15 November 2010

We stayed in a one bedroom apartment at Tenface Bangkok in October 2010, with two small children aged 3.5 and 1.5. On asking about the size of the room (to see whether we could all fit, and whether our three year-old could stay on the sofa we saw on the photos posted on Tripadvisor), we were informed that only one free bed will be provided for our family – either a rollaway for the pre-schooler, or a cot for the baby. We said that we would have the cot, as we thought that our older child could sleep on the sofa, but on our (very late) arrival, both were set up, at no additional cost to us – which was a very pleasant surprise. Both were of good quality, and particularly the cot was very good (we had some scary experiences with hotel cots in Asia, this was not a problem at all).

As you can see from the photos, the bedroom area is large and both extra beds fitted in easily. It was also very pleasant to have the larger living area.

As everyone said, the small bonuses are wonderful. You get the ipod with information and downloaded music and movies you can play in your room; wonderful quality shampoo, conditioner, moisturiser and soap; a free sim card and ticket for the skytrain. We also made full use of the free tuktuk rides – they say they will take you to the nearest skytrain station, but if you want to go in the opposite direction on the soi, they are happy to take you there also (thank you, Kai!). On our last day, the tuk tuk was not available and so we got taken in the vintage car – very cool!! (But the kids preferred the tuk tuk.)

The best thing about Tenface is that it’s central, clean, well organised and funky – but also that someone has clearly taken the time to think about what they can offer clients to distinguish them from all the other places out there – and they have succeeded.

We didn’t have breakfast at the hotel, but did use the small but pleasant pool for quick dips. There are only 4 lounges, but we were swimming so we didn’t care.

The only minuses are that, while the location is central, you are at the end of a very long soi, and if you do not have transport, the walk can be long and hot, and there is no small shop or breakfast place immediately nearby. But taxis are cheap, safe and plentiful in Bangkok and after the first day we learned our lesson. If you have small kids, be prepared that the decorations include wire figures which are hanging from the ceiling on wires to about adult waist height from the floor. If you have kids like ours, they will stand there, jerk on the decorations and try to detach them from the ceiling (a few stressful moments)….

Also, our room backed onto the busy highway beyond the soi, and the noise was audible (although not excessively so). Finally, on our last day, two staff members knocked and (without waiting) walked in, using their key. They obviously thought we had already checked out… but you would still think they would wait a few moments in case someone was still in the room. It happened at our other hotel during our stay in Thailand too, I am not sure if it’s a particularly Thai thing to do.

Overall the positives really outweighed the negatives and I have been recommending Tenface to everyone I know.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank JHBg
Reviewed 7 November 2010

Arrived from Hong Kong for a one week stay at Tenface Bangkok - I'll definitely be back. The staff really makes sure that you are taken care of and that you feel at home. The rooms are suite style - with separate living area and bedroom. Large bathroom with both tub and shower.

The iPod assigned to you for the duration of your stay was a great touch, as was the SIM card. I read that some people had an issue with the distance from the BTS station, but I didn't find that a problem - the Tuk Tuk "shuttle" to the BTS station was always available when I needed a life to the station, and on return to the hotel, I don't think I ever waited more than a couple of minutes. I did walk a couple of times to check the neighborhood - about 10 minutes to the BTS station.

Thanks Kai and everyone that made it such an enjoyable stay!

All in all, a great stay and for the price advanced purchase price, was a great deal for the area.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank sip_bangkok
Reviewed 3 November 2010

I chanced upon Ten Face earlier in the year and featured it in my blog. And finally, a couple of months later, I made a “To Do List” to catch a glimpse of this hotel since I was on my way from Singapore to Prachuap Khiri Khan and had to stay for a night and experienced it on my own.

Tucked away in the sleepy residential area of Bangkok's business district, amongst many embassies is Wireless Road, also one of Bangkok's upscale neighbourhood. If you are taking a taxi from the airport and are afraid of being overcharge, you may want to monitor the “km metre”. The distance from the airport to Ten Face is 32km, so expect to pay less than 300 baht (inclusive of the mandatory airport taxi surcharge).

Ten Face (design by the team who brought you Playground! at the emporium) is an urban sanctuary that was inspired by Tosakan, the ten faced giant from the epic Ramayana. This hotel caters to travellers who seek true comfort, love innovative soft masculine lines that pushes the boundaries of traditional thai design. Tenface is a 20 minute walk from Ploenchit station and is surrounded by many trendy boutiques and restuarants, so you will never need to venture far if your louboutins or jimmies are hurting your feet like crazy. For shopaholics, major departmental stores such as Central World, Siam Paragon and Gaysorn Plaza is just a short distance away.

Not only has this boutique hotel been featured in "Cool Hotels" Best of Asia book, Tenface gives attention to details such as presenting their arriving guest with a "Tosakan heart box" with cleverly assembled accessories such as a Skytrain card, pre-paid SIM card (for local calls so that tuk-tuk booking are made easier!) and an ipod with sightseeing tips (videos featuring Bangkok's top restaurants and attractions) in its memory inside! And that my friend, is what makes this hotel smooth, thoughtful and charming. However, when I arrived, I was told that all the ipods were not available at that time, so I relied on my trusty macbook and free wifi in search for places to go.

Talking about the rooms, each suite is spacious and decorated with intricate art installations made up of bended wires. The living area made me feel at home, wooden blinds, flat screen television, nespresso machines and space like capsules and welcoming fruits placed on the coffee table.

The bedroom is cozy and lazy in a good way. For those who are particular about your pillows, the hotel provides two different types of down feathered pillows for your comfort. How thoughtful! The toiletries are aplenty and everything was spick and span.

Since it was a one day trip, I decided to dine in at “Wanara Eatery”, the restaurant in the hotel lobby and surprisingly they’ve got quite nice selection of pastas and Thai food. Each dish is served with the freshest ingredients such as succulent scallops, soft shell crabs and generous bunch of herbs and peppercorns for taste.

It was a regrettable decision not to extend my stay. However, it is definitely a great place to stay and just hide away from the Bangkok Jam and smog! This place totally rocked my kind of world and I’ll be back.

For more pictures, visit http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=126582294023079 or search for Wanderlus+ on facebook.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wanderlus
Reviewed 27 October 2010

The room is excellent! Spacious and adequately equipped. Some might find the location inaccessible, but their 24hr tutu service make up to it.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 October 2010

the promotion package is surprised me, price is good and good experience to stay at ten face.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple