All reviews siam paragon wendy house bts national stadium hotel is located money exchange suite room fantastic location within walking distance central world stayed here for nights rooms are large good size very nice hotel air con pleasant stay the main road min walk
Reviewed 9 January 2018

I searched for a hotel in a central area not far from where revelers can ring in the new year. The distance from here to Central World is within a good 20 minutes walking distance. Eureka!

I never spent much time inside. So I concentrated on having a central point I can make trips from. My room was always clean. I even left a note for the maid with a total tip for all the nights I was there so I'm sure she was happy to get that. The bathtub is very high. If you're a senior citizen or someone with joints issues you might need a Hoyer lift to get into the bathtub. Of course I'm kidding; this is not a nursing home. There is a big refrigerator so you can stack it up with cold cuts for breakfast and extra bottles of water. For some reason I tend to consume more water in Thailand than the room's allowance so I buy extra water.

The water at the sink in the bathroom is cold. I think it was designed that way maybe to wake you up in the morning (probably before alarm clocks were invented?). They do have lots of rules so I suggest you read the hotel brochure that is on the table. There are also fines for certain infractions.

One thing I did not appreciate about this place is their payment system. I reserved with a credit card but had to pay in full cash upfront. I think this is worse than the cold water in the bathroom sink in the mornings. It's a shock. Where I come from the only people who carry around a lot of cash are those who like to show of or are fools. The hotel is located in a cul de sac after entering from a long alley. I walked there from BTS in the afternoon because I just came off a tour with a group so I arrived in the afternoon when I think the room will be ready. So by that time the sun was boiling hot. So when I was told I had to pay cash the thought of going out to find an ATM was like Odysseus going down into Hades. Lo and behold this hotel has an ATM in the lobby. First time I see that unless it's a hotel casino. The thing is while it's nice to do a favor to the guests the rate the machine pays is actually much lower than what you get from the worst money exchange vendor around the area. As I walked down Phaya Thai Road I saw a money exchange place with similar good rates as I saw down at Hua Lumphong, where the railroad long distance train station terminates in Bangkok. Also the ATM fee is 220 bahts about US$7.33. That's highway robbery. So the choice is walk down out of the cul de sac then down the long alley to get that extra 2 bahts on each dollar under a hot sun or just chalk it up to lesson learned then come to Tripadvisor and give a sermon without anyone having to go to church.

So my advice is if you don't mind carrying the total cost of your stay along with 500 bahts for the key deposit you get back when you check out then this place won't be bad for you. I know a lady who flew from Washington DC to Bali, Indonesia for only $20 because she used points from her credit card. That's why I think for those who love to build points by using their credit cards paying a huge amount in cash will leave you feeling unsettled. Accordingly this information was on the hotel's website and the site I booked with. Maybe so but to be more transparent I think it would do good if when the person is about to click and accept that they click on a box that acknowledges that they have to pay cash upfront for the total stay of the hotel.

So beware: Before you arrive at the hotel change your currency into Thai bahts for the full payment of the room. This is one of the best free advice you will get on here. Their ATM will cheat you like a highway bandit unless you want to walk back out down that long alley under a blistering hot sun.

Room Tip: In the brochure there is a mention about keeping the volume low after 10 PM. So noise was never an issue here.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 November 2017 via mobile

We booked into the Pathumwan House after last staying at Pathumwan Hotel we wanted to stay local to MBK and near to art galleries and other places of interest. Having looked at some hotels nearby I found overpriced rooms for poor quality and lacking services like free WiFi and Bath/shower combined .. found the Pathumwan House by accident loved the look of the rooms instantly.. I booked a garden view but found it’s not much of a garden view it’s more a view of a room accross a small Gap.. it’s worth paying that little extra to get a city view room.
We swapped our room for a city view and it is now amazing to wake each morning and see the sun ..

Nearby thereis some amazing street food stalls under the bridge that crosses phanfa river.. really cheap at an average 40 baht .. don’t be out of by the looks because I’ve had no tummy troubles yet .. if anything walk a little further at night for a wide array of foods to eat .. I hope this information is helpful

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 November 2017

Expect the shower to NOT work. You might come back tired and sweaty to get either a cold water shower or a scalding shower. Don't bother changing rooms either cause every single room's shower is the same. Their equipment is simply VERY OLD.

I suggest you pay a little more and book yourself into a proper hotel.

Room Tip: Go with newer hotels. They're don't cost much more.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

Wasn’t into it. Cash only. Pretty old place. Bed was comfy and room was clean. Good if you’re out all day and literally just use the place to shower and sleep. Depends on what you’re looking for but wasn’t for us. Location was good.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Zak B
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed for 4 nights and enjoyed every moment of it. The room is spacious enough to accommodate my family 2 adults and 3 kids. Ordered extra bed which a bit hard but kids didn't complained. Staffs were kind enough to let me stay without paying deposit since I didn't carry enough cash. Hopefully they'll accept credit card soon.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family