“Top Sea food Restaurant in Bangkok”

Lord Jim's at Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok
Ranked #38 of 11,757 Restaurants in Bangkok
Price range: US$56 - US$92
Cuisines: Sushi, European, Mediterranean, Seafood, Bahamian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Silom
Description: Sumptuous seafood and river views to savour Named after the seafaring hero created by novelist Joseph Conrad, Lord Jim’s reputation for magnificent seafood is almost as well known as its namesake. Enjoying an uninterrupted view of the river, Lord Jim’s serves one of the most popular buffet lunches in Bangkok with a wide selection of seafood and international dishes on offer. For dinner, diners can choose from an à la carte or set menu. Focusing on the freshest seafood available, Lord Jim’s is particularly renowned for its sushi and sashimi dishes.A private dining room can accommodate 20 diners for lunch and 16 guests for dinner.
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

This is by far the best Seafood restarant in BKK. Our Fish in a salt coat was excellent. Service was outstanding.

MOBangkok, Manager at Lord Jim's at Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear RJ F,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with Trip Advisor readers.

It is a delight to receive such wonderful feedback highlighting the legendary service and opulent cuisine. Thank you once again and, we look forward to welcoming you back to Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok soon.

Reviewed 16 January 2018

The first time I visited Lord Jim's was 15 years ago, the last was 6 months ago. And my most recent visit was last week. And not once have I ever had anything but an excellent experience. Consistency is a very difficult thing to maintain in a top end restaurant. But Lord Jim's somehow manages to provide one with an excellent dining experience year after year. This most recent visit was no exception. Attentive service, refined smart-casual ambience, and of course, outstanding seafood. The lobster bisque is a signature dish for a reason. Just brilliant. The sushi and sashimi is excellent. Actually, everything is excellent. Book a table and enjoy. If seafood is your thing, you wont be sorry.

Dear RoryH1

Thank you for your wonderful review on your experience at Lord Jim’s on TripAdvisor!

I was delighted to have read that we were able to provide you with our legendary Oriental Service which you remembered from 15 years ago! We are so happy to know that you enjoyed the outstanding seafood offered especially the lobster bisque.

Please let us know when you plan on visiting us again here at Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok, we look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 8 January 2018

It was my 50th birthday, so my wife and I wanted to indulge in a place that would be memorable and we were not disappointed.

The Oriental experience was everything we'd imagined; under-stated style with top-quality food and service. We went for the Sunday brunch at Lord Jim's. The restaurant area was a nice size, not too big. Reservations strongly recommended.

We were too late booking to get a window seat with river view (one week ahead) , but had a very comfortable semi-circular booth that also had a decent view. The service was smooth, discrete and attentive. The buffet choices were varied, with a classic style: highlights were the lamb cutlets, foie gras with mango, sushi, an expertly mixed Caesar salad. The seafood section included some different kinds of oysters, crab claws, rock lobsters and excellent quality king prawns. There were plenty of breads and cheeses and dessert options, including a chocolate fountain and freshly made crepes. The staff surprised us by quietly presenting us a lovely fresh cream birthday cake; which we were too full to eat, so they put it into a box so we could take it home (it was delicious!).

I've read a few reviews on here complain about the decor / buffet choices, which I think is a little unfair. Lord Jim's isn't flashy - if you want that, there are plenty of other places in Bangkok. Lord Jim's doesn't have the most spectacular buffet. What is has is class, in abundance.

Thank you very much to the wonderful staff; from car park attendant to maitre d; you made us feel welcome every step of the way. You were everything we'd hoped for and we will certainly be back again someday.

MOBangkok, Manager at Lord Jim's at Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2018

Dear angusinthai,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on Tripadvisor.

I was absolutely delighted to read your fantastic feedback about Lord Jim's. Thank you for choosing us for your birthday celebrations. It gives us true pleasure to provide you with the legendary Oriental service on a daily basis and we will be all looking forward to welcoming you back at Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok soon again.

Kindest regards,
Assistant Director Food and Beverage

Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

We made our reservation months in advance with high anticipations. It’s one of those restaurant where you think flying 24+ hours will be worth it. Man was I wrong! When we arrived my initial impression: is this the right place? My fiancé on the other hand gave me the look and asked: so this is the place you been raving about all week? Yes it was that disappointing. Very limited food selection, seafood wise I think an average buffet in the US serves more seafood dishes than them. Taste wise nothing outstanding. In my opinion paying 80$ (2500 baht per person) at a Las Vegas buffet would’ve been a better choice.

MOBangkok, Manager at Lord Jim's at Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear linlo1,

Thank you for taking the time to share a review on TripAdvisor.

We are most disappointed that we were not able to provide you with the high standards of quality which we are usually associated with. We hope that you are able to look at your experience as an isolated incident and that you give us an opportunity to redeem ourselves during a future visit.

We tried to contact you to further discuss your recent experience at Lord Jim's, however we were unable to establish contact with you. Kindly inform us how we can contact you.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 26 December 2017

Food quality: excellent; Service: excellent: food variety: excellent; food quantity: excellent; restaurant view: wonderful.
I had the best birthday lunch in decades. Well done!

Dear Woofter888,

Thank you again for taking your time to share you review on TripAdvisor!

I am delighted to have read that you had a wonderful birthday lunch with us at Lord Jim's where you enjoyed the food, ambiance and our Legendary Oriental Service.

I would be delighted to welcome you back at Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok soon again.

Assistant Director Food & Beverage

Been to Lord Jim's at Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok? Share your experiences!