Floral Shire Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
All reviewsone nightairport hotelfree transferinternational airportair contea and coffeemini barshort stayhot watermain roadrooms are cleanshuttletransitmidnight
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 October 2011

I think that the ad oversells this hotel. It is nowhere near a resort. The staff are very friendly and helpful and the pickup service is good.
The hotel itself is a building rammed up against another. You may have a balcony but your view is the wall of the next building. No where to hangout, no pool or any any other facilities. You can order a massage in your room.
The food in the hotel is horrible.
This place is fine for an overnight stay but anything longer than a night here will drive you crazy.
Also sporadic really loud music played from behind the hotel early in the morning.
The front desk does arrange tours into the city.
Lower your expectations and you'll be happy.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank lemrac28
Reviewed 4 October 2011

We arrived after midnight, and we found our name on a list in the area designated for shuttles. that was comforting considering we got in so late. after a 15 min wait, we caught the shuttle directly yo the airport and were welcomed by the male working the desk. he spoke pretty good english and the driver happily took our bags to our room after checking in. very quick service and also offered wake up call and shuttle time back to the airport. our room was simple, clean, and perfect for a one night stay. pictures are better online than what we received, but for the price and shuttle service, you can't beat it. our wakeup call was a little late, but not a problem as we set our own. lastly, i requested a hair dryer and it was delivered within 15 seconds.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kelzblugar
Reviewed 31 August 2011

Free shuttle service was the biggest plus and they even took us to the train station when we wanted to explore the city.
Photos and website are very misleading- not a resort at all.
The hotel was located in a very quiet, narrow street where even the local taxi driver found it a bit difficult to find.
When we arrived the receptionist (lady) was very friendly and helpful. However in the evening, the staff were more preoccupied in watching tv and texting than meeting our needs.
The Internet was very slow and wasn't free...60 baht min 20 baht.
Since it was near the airport it was a bit noisy...no double glazing.
Wouldn't go back since I'm sure there are better hotels but it was cheap.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ZenaAndjohn
Reviewed 24 August 2011

This is a good hotel for an overnight stay near the airport to help deal with jetlag. Hotel transfer was free and there was little fuss, considering how late my flight was. The standard of the room was really good on all accounts. My only annoyance is that they over-charged me versus the web fare that I booked and then claimed that breakfast was not included, though my booking sheet said that it was. I was too out of it to argue/quibble.

Room Tip: Top floor rooms have a swanky loft but there is no elevator from ground floor.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Ron E
Reviewed 12 August 2011

On the advise of some fellow travelers, I booked my final night in Bangkok at the Floral Shire. It is a clean quiet hotel near the airport and offers everything you'd need before you depart. The rooms are clean and quiet and they offer a free ride to the airport. The staff is exceptionally friendly and even offered to pick stuff up for my friend and myself from 7-11. The Floral Shire was an excellent choice. I'd stay again for a night before departure. The next time I'd pass on the breakfast though.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends