“On my second stay”
Review of Qstay

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Taipei
Qstay
Ranked #78 of 250 Taipei B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 February 2012

So I came back to Taipei again last month and stayed here again. Like previous time, everything was just great here. The weather was kinda cold, averaging about 10 degrees celcius with intermittent rain so you really need a heater. I found the heater not warm enough despite being set to 30 degrees celcius.

Nothing much about the room, location, service as I have mentioned it before, below. Just still tops the list.

I spent 4 nights on this trip.

Room Tip: Type A if you don't need too big a room. Otherwise Type B. The difference is not much abt NT$200...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank pluboy
There are newer reviews for Qstay

Reviewed 20 January 2012

I've stayed at QStay hotel twice in the past few years and will definitely enjoy their hospitality on my next trip to Taiwan. This small , boutique style hotel has great location - very close to Ximen subway station. Bars and restaurants as well great shopping area is only a few minutes away. Taipei Central station is only one stop away. The rooms are decent size and comfortable with free internet and computer in the room - switch to use as TV. Choice of the TV programs is limited only to Chinese or Mandarin speaking programs but that didn't bother me - I wasn't in Taipei to watch TV. :) If you choose to stay in this very friendly hotel, please do yourself a favor and visit small eateries and traditional coffee shops around Red Building. If you looking for 5 star accommodation Ill suggest you look for other place. This hotel is perfect for travellers who like to stay locally and meet real life people and culture.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank Funfranky
Reviewed 16 January 2012

Good: 1) location near Ximen MRT, shops and bars. It is really easy to find if you follow the map. 2) Staff are so helpful and nice. 3) The rooms are comfortable and warm. 4) 24 hr snack bar near reception (that also 'serves' breakfast on a help your self but I'll explain the coffee machine basis. 4) Surprisingly large bathrooms for small rooms. 5) Good value Neutral: 1) this hotel is aim at the gay market - if that makes you uneasy stay somewhere else. 2) The beds are the type that change to your body shape and hold that shape - not everyones cup of tea. Poor: 1) Better room cleaning needed - good idea to wear the slipper provided esp. out of the shower.

Room Tip: They have studio apartments and ordinary rooms - for more space and self catering try the studio.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank StewieTokyo
Reviewed 15 January 2012

My partner and I decided to stay at Q-Stay based on all of the great reviews on Trip Advisor. We knew in advance to expect a modest hotel with small rooms. However, to say we were disappointed in what we experienced would be an understatement.

The people who worked there seem nice enough and were friendly. Thus, we really wanted to like the place. The Standard Room B (larger type) was claustrophobic and dreary. The décor was depressing and ugly, with patched-together repair work (visible tape) in many places. Both the bathroom and the bedroom had visible black mildew and mold on the walls. Both the bathroom and bedroom smelled like mildew and mold. The room also had a urine-like smell. I didn’t seem like the linens had been changed from the previous occupants (cologne aromas on the sheets and “old” pillow smell). We were booked for three nights. The idea of staying there three nights was so profoundly depressing and unbearable that we switched hotels after just one night.

I am not sure what anyone could find about the Q-Stay that would warrant a 5 star review, but we certainly did not experience this level of accommodations – far from it. In fact, the experience has definitely shaken my faith in Trip Advisor as an accurate resource for travel information. I would very strongly recommend always having a few secondary resources that are less popular-based and more professional to confirm the Trip Advisor ratings (trusted travel guide, experienced travel agent, etc…).

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank pricklypete
Reviewed 15 January 2012

It is like 5mins walk base on extra slow stroll to the metro station ximenting. Haha.. The staff were all very nice chaps esp my fren is so in love with one by the name of Jen. Lol when jen was doing his everyday housekeeping while my fren was in the room... They were like chatting merrily about taipei etc. The rooms great.. Location great.. Staff great.. Wat to complaint? Haha.. But a dog hidden behind walls did scare me when it was barking fiercely at level 6 behind hidden walls. Asked the staff and was told its just owner's small pup. Next day i went to explore but no longer there :S anyway theres renovation going on next building during the stay but not much a problem. Many 24/7 around it. Cabs alot. Pantry not bad with food top up. JUST STAY QSTAY! U WONT REGRET! BETTER THAN STAYING AT THOSE GRAND HOTELS!

• Stayed: December 2011