“Yoga Trekking ”

Annapurna Yoga Ashram
Ranked #9 of 43 Spas & Wellness in Pokhara
More attraction details
Owner description: Opened in 2005 by 11-year yoga master Narayan Prasad Dhakal, Annapurna Yoga Ashram and Yogi's Ayurveda Health Center has established itself as one of the best facilities in Pokhara. Located in the tourist area of Lakeside, near beautiful Phewa Lake, the Ashram offers classes in Hatha Yoga and meditation, Yogic trekking and spiritual hiking programs, Ayurvedic massage, water therapy and honey therapy. Additionally, guru offers the option to stay with his family while participating in a Yogic Cleansing/Detox Program.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

My friend and I had a great time with Narayan going on a short hike to his village. It's definitely a non touristic area and we got to see real authentic Nepalese life in the hills of the himilayas. The yoga was also great. It was the perfect balance of strengthening and relaxing. I look forward to coming back and taking classes with Narayan again.

NarayanDhakal, Owner at Annapurna Yoga Ashram, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Dear Wency
Thank you very much for the Review about Village yoga trek .
It will be very help full for the people who like to see authentic village.
Will be big help for village people and for the yogis .

All reviews
in 9 reviews
"muscles"
"lesson"

Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

When travelling to Nepal I had hoped to do a yoga retreat somewhere along the way. However, attending Annapurna Yoga Ashram was slightly last minute, but nonetheless wonderful.
Pokhara is the ideal location for such a retreat as you are submersed in nature, and beautiful weather.
You are welcomed with open arms into the home of Yoga Guru, and truly get an insight into the workings of a local Nepali home.
You are treated to a meditative we nature walk to start your day and a morning yoga class before having home cooked meals by the beautiful Sarah.
The afternoons are free for you to explore Pokhara, with lots to do, you'll always be entertained.
Dinner with the Family and another yoga session completes your day.
Basic facilities, but a lovely experience!

Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

I have stayed for one week at the Annapurna Yoga Ashram in Pokhara and I had a great experience. The Ashram is owned by a lovely family and because of this you also learn about the local culture. I really liked the yoga style as it really helped me to releave stress and tension. When it's good weather, the yoga is outside on the rooftop and the views are great. I had a really comfortable room (good bed, clean, looks cosy). Above all I had here the most tasty and delicious food during my whole trip. The lady cooked really well and is also a very warm and friendly person. The family is very humoristic and I had some good laughs. I really felt home and I definitley go back here. I can recommend everybody to stay here!

NarayanDhakal, Owner at Annapurna Yoga Ashram, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2017

Thank you very much Martin . Who have positive thinking in their soul they know us .

Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

I booked a half-day yoga retreat which includes 1 hour meditation, 1.5 hours of yoga and breakfast with the family. The day started with a tea at the yogi's house, which is not an ashram but a normal 2 storey house. The meditation consisted of having a walk by the lake and the temple. Although the yogi gave nice informations about the temple, this is not a meditation. As it was raining heavily that day, we did the walk with an umbrella. Back at the house I used the toilet which was the worst toilet of my stay in Nepal. It was adjacent to one of the rooms they rent, but had not been cleaned in a while (full of excrements).
The yoga session itself was in a room on the roof with stiff air. It consisted of stretching exercises and some muscle exercises but no yoga poses. To be fair we did some sun salutations and nostril breathing. I am not sure though how you manage to do it properly if you have never done yoga before because explanations are very scarce. For 60 minutes of the 90 minutes session the yogi told me what to do but did not participate himself. Instead he wrote some messages on his mobile. At the end, I decided to leave without having breakfast with him and his wife. I did not feel comfortable.
I did not find out where the 'yogi' did his yoga training. Upon asking I did bot get much information about it.
I am sure you can find more trustworthy and qualified people in Pokhara.

2  Thank neckelah