“Excellent Food and Service”

The Ship Restaurant Bar and Lounge
Ranked #19 of 962 Restaurants in Kathmandu
Price range: US$3 - US$18
Cuisines: Chinese, Indian, Nepalese, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: When the sun shines, which is often in Kathmandu, our delicious food can be served to our rooftop garden, on our upper decks and our main promenade. This provides a more casual approach to the Ship's dining experience and there are spaces for over 60 diners to enjoy the Kathmandu sunshine. Our main restaurant rooms provide comfort for all our guests in well spaced and uncluttered tables. Our menu has been designed so that all food can be prepared from fresh and delivered to the table within 30 minutes of ordering. All foods whenever possible are organically produced from local sources and will be served by young, enthusiastic and motivated people. Most are students taking their diplomas at a local Hotel Management college and it is the founders aim to help the education of the young.The Ship will assist in this education and will help promote the empowerment of women by providing a vehicle for on the job training and learning as well as providing in house development. Our emphasis will be on quality. Quality of food, quality of service and quality of surroundings, this emphasis will not be compromised. We believe that dining at 'The Ship' will be an unforgettable experience unrivalled in Kathmandu and we look forward to pushing the culinary boundaries of the dining culture within Nepal.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

This is a great lunch spot. friendly staff delicious food.A variety of options available-give it a try!

Reviewed 5 April 2018

I went to The Ship for dinner after my trekking trip in Nepal. I was so impressed with the food and service there. I had the buff sirloin and my trekking guide had a New York buff steak, both were perfectly cooked to our demand and tasted very good. The service was also very good. Visit The Ship is a must when visiting Kathmandu.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

A short brisk walk through Bhagwal Bahal route towards the end of the street northwards from my workplace brought me to this uncluttered bistro, The Ship Restaurant, Bar and Lounge for a sumptuous lunch. A break from the tedious, lackluster meal in office, it was one pleasurable outing with my colleagues to feast upon the gastronomic variance. Warmly received and escorted by the staff to our seating, chilled water was provided to quench our thirsts.

The orders were fulfilled promptly, and the food was incomparable and immaculately prepared to satiate the taste buds that left us craving for more. Five stars for their exceptional services, the locality, and of course, the menu!!

Reviewed 3 April 2018

The restaurant is a bit off the beaten track and you have to climb over lots of rubble to get to it. The menu provides a range of local and European dishes. My friends and I tried a range of dishes and all were good. The service was ok but we were the only ones in the restaurant so I'm not sure what they'd be like if they were busy!

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Again served with same quality and sense of hospitality. I loved eating tasty Indian foods in such a hygienic place around Thamel : rarely found. We were friends and seniors visiting this calm restaurant for a lunch break. Enjoyed a lot with friends and quality of foods. 100 % recommended for those in Thamel willing to eat either Lunch, Brunch or Dinner.