All reviews hot water nice garden budget hotel thamel area hotel is located rooms are clean the hustle and bustle airport wifi nepal ram power trek alley heart tourist ktm
Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

My stay at Blue Horizon was great, I found it exceeded my expectations for what I paid..
A nice garden area to relax and read or order food and eat there.
Right beside the Garden Of Dreams tourist attraction just one street from the heart of bustling Thamel (though down a nice side road so not noisy).
My room was clean and the staff were beyond friendly, a very close knit feel to the place. I’ll definitely stay there again when I’m back in Nepal.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Krista W
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

We got upgraded to super deluxe and the room was clean and spacious. There was a bathtub, fridge, ac, and lots of windows. There was a nice garden area for breakfast.

We had stayed at the nearby hostel at Aloobar for 17euro/night and felt this was much better value for a a few extra dollars.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Niki P
Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

Hotel.blue horizon is very central and cozy hotel with its beatiful garden. You may sit in the garden by reading your book, drinking beer and chilling. You may easily walk thamel , ( I guess 5 minutes). They have also wide range of breakfast , lunch and dinner.

It is normal cost hotel and you will be satisfied by your khatmandu trip.

Cheers
ernur

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

We came here after everest base camp trekking tour. We rested in its beautiful garden. It is very closed to thamel so that you can easily go there. Also hotel personnel was very nice people. Meal was good and the prices are not expensive ı think

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank hale k
Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

I stayed here on and off between trekking. The staff were friendly and helped carry bags etc. Room service was prompt and most of the food was pretty good.
Showers were hot most of the time,but you do need to run it for a while.

Rooms could do with a good clean,and most of the electrical sockets need attention.. I seemed to get a shock every time I plugged anything in and some of them visibly sparked!

The location sits at the top of an alley, badly lit and doesn't make for a pleasant walk home after dark. The backup generator is noisy at night, but a small sacrifice to pay for lights!

Also, don't rely on early morning wake up calls.. twice mine didn't happen.

Overall, my stay was adequate to my needs and for the price, it was what I expected.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo