“Great massage”

Ananda Natural Therapy
More attraction details
Owner description: Ananda is a medi-spa which offers wide range of hollistic treatment based on time proven traditional medicine:Ayurveda,Yoga,Naturopathy as well as Physiotherapy and Accupuncture.Our signature massage are -Ayog Massage,Fusion Massage, 5PM Massage and the signature packages are - Ananda Path,Mountain Path,Wellness Path and Beauty Path.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Opted for the “deep tissue” massage. Good strong rubbin, low price. Very clean and comfortable space.

1  Thank madmanwithpants
"therapeutic"
"path"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

An amazing massage place that provides the best massage. I went to a few places in Kathmandu and this place was by far the best. I got the Trekkers Massage and it was perfect and exactly what I needed after my trek. I left feeling amazing. Not only do they give amazing massages the place is very clean and relaxing. The staff are extremely friendly and welcoming. Can’t recommend enough. Don’t waste your time trying to find a better massage place in Kathmandu go to Ananda.

1  Thank Anthonyhe2902
Reviewed 4 April 2018

We are lucky enough to live in Kathmandu so have a good sense of the range of spa experiences available. From the website and good reviews we were excited to have a 90 min deep tissue massage at Ananda. However from arrival on this was a very unsatisfactory and strange experience.

The couples room felt rather like a Thamel cheap end backpackers room vaguely converted into a spa room with none of the usual touches one would like it to have to feel relaxing and healing. We had to put our valuables in a locker in arrival which we have never come across before, usually just take our things into the spa room.

The massage ladies were very sweet and somewhat skilled, none of the negative vibe was about them. When we were finished I went to reception expecting the usual calm quiet post massage greeting with tea and a bill ready to pay. This was most definitely not the case !

The man at check out was very forthright and after asking how the massage was said
“ Please do your Travelocity review now!” I informed him I would wait and he was not happy really pushing and telling me how much he needed the good review ( ironically his behavior has backfired). I found him to be all business and the whole interaction not at all relaxing after what was billed as a blissfully relaxing ninety minutes. I empathize if business is not good but this is not the way to get more customers.

I had to repeatedly ask for the bill and when he gave it to me I was absolutely shocked at the price - it was the same as we pay for high end Kathmandu hotel spas for the same treatment. Backpacker setting but not backpacker prices ! We were so ready to get out of the place we just paid rather than argue about it and we were skeptical about if our tip would get to the sweet massage ladies versus into the check out guys pocket.

Needless to say we will not be going back and we will be recommending one of the many other fabulous very relaxing options for spa treatments to friends when they visit us here in Kathmandu.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

My friend and I got a deep tissue massage and acupuncture a few nights ago. I loved the massage very deep and I liked the techniques used. The masseuse always had her hands moving on my body and used acupressure. I feel better after the acupuncture. Very professional and hygienic I will definately be back for both after my trek :) all staff members were very kind and welcoming also. Nice space very reasonable price !!! Very happy customer :D

1  Thank KristiEllenn