Open today: 09:00 - 21:00
Review Highlights
Break from nursing

Me and my friend came today for a treat after volunteering at the local hospital. We had a lovely... read more

Reviewed 5 days ago
Studentnurse1
via mobile
Good place

Went there and got a 60 minutes Ayurveda massage. Asked for some discount as well. Overall Nice... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Redhummingbird2419
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Kathmandu
from US$60.00
from US$109.00
from US$50.00
from US$35.00
More Info
All reviews ayurvedic massage great massage deep tissue massage banana juice sore muscles full body post trek long trek my friend day trek therapist shirodhara lockers roshan 90min tension trekkers
Reviewed 4 April 2018

We are lucky enough to live in Kathmandu so have a good sense of the range of spa experiences available. From the website and good reviews we were excited to have a 90 min deep tissue massage at Ananda. However from arrival on this was a very unsatisfactory and strange experience.

The couples room felt rather like a Thamel cheap end backpackers room vaguely converted into a spa room with none of the usual touches one would like it to have to feel relaxing and healing. We had to put our valuables in a locker in arrival which we have never come across before, usually just take our things into the spa room.

The massage ladies were very sweet and somewhat skilled, none of the negative vibe was about them. When we were finished I went to reception expecting the usual calm quiet post massage greeting with tea and a bill ready to pay. This was most definitely not the case !

The man at check out was very forthright and after asking how the massage was said
“ Please do your Travelocity review now!” I informed him I would wait and he was not happy really pushing and telling me how much he needed the good review ( ironically his behavior has backfired). I found him to be all business and the whole interaction not at all relaxing after what was billed as a blissfully relaxing ninety minutes. I empathize if business is not good but this is not the way to get more customers.

I had to repeatedly ask for the bill and when he gave it to me I was absolutely shocked at the price - it was the same as we pay for high end Kathmandu hotel spas for the same treatment. Backpacker setting but not backpacker prices ! We were so ready to get out of the place we just paid rather than argue about it and we were skeptical about if our tip would get to the sweet massage ladies versus into the check out guys pocket.

Needless to say we will not be going back and we will be recommending one of the many other fabulous very relaxing options for spa treatments to friends when they visit us here in Kathmandu.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

My friend and I got a deep tissue massage and acupuncture a few nights ago. I loved the massage very deep and I liked the techniques used. The masseuse always had her hands moving on my body and used acupressure. I feel better after the acupuncture. Very professional and hygienic I will definately be back for both after my trek :) all staff members were very kind and welcoming also. Nice space very reasonable price !!! Very happy customer :D

1  Thank KristiEllenn
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Service super massage exelente staffs very professional, friendly staff highly recommended, want viesit again.

1  Thank Aminata D
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

One hour of ayurvedic massage was enough yo restore myself from a 8 days hard Trekking around Annapurna and a estressing two days at Katmandú. I highly recommend you having a relaxing massage at Ananda before going back home. Namaste.

1  Thank Alejandrius
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Place was a little hidden but the moment you walk in, you are welcomed to a nice relaxing environment. They have a wide selection of massages and are great for massages.

1  Thank wherewassarah