See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I stayed there for a couple of nights. The rooms smell very bad and the bathrooms are disgusting. No mirrors and completely dirty. The last I found the door of my room open. I think someone opened it while I was in the terrace. Luckily my stuff were not stolen.

Date of stay: May 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 8 April 2014

We stay in this hotel for more then a week and it was great experience. The hotel has very good position - in the heart of Thamel. The stuff is amazing - very friendly and helpfull. We stayed in room with shared bathroom for a great value. Hotel is nice and clean. It has rooftop terrace with restaurant where they cook delicious food. One thing I did not like was the noice the other tourists made at night partying late....I would recommend this hotel to all the bacpackers who want to stay in Thamel. Thank you very much to all of you, you made us feel like at home.

Room tip: One night we stayed in little more expensive room with bathroom - 309 - I reccomend this one:)
Date of stay: March 2014
Reviewed 15 January 2014

I was in an official tour and stayed here for around 25 days and seriously i enjoyed my entire stay in Hotel Kathmandu Terrance.Hospitality was marvelous,everyone in the hotel are very nice to talk to and ever ready to help you.
Specifically the manager Mr santosh and Neeraj are very kind and helpful.
Neeraj even took some time out from his busy schedule and made me roam around the near by places and even helped me in shopping.
Mr Santosh was ever ready to help me in giving all the free roaming tips and about the Nepali culture and all
+ve points :-
-Budgeted hotel
-Neat and clean (Regularly cleaning staff cleans the room in the morning)
-Wifi available all time
- Nice view of mountain ranges from the roof top.

-ve points :-
-Power cut is very frequent here but atleast the room will not be dark as like others.

Room tip: Go for room number- 309 .I think its the best and the spacious room available .
Date of stay: December 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 1 January 2014

What a horrible experience! We were two girls travelling together, and we stayed 2 nights at Kathmandu Terrace on our way back from lovely Pokhara - two nights of torture! First, the hotel is located on multiple stories in a big creepy building with dark, slimy stairwells, where we didn't even feel safe in the daytime. They gave us a room on the topmost floor, which was spacious enough, but the sheets were stained and dirty, there was a huge spider on the ceiling, and worst of all, the water in the bathroom was - ORANGE! Yes, we had to shower and brush our teeth with disgusting orange water. When I complained and checked some other rooms, I discovered that all the bathrooms had orange water coming in the taps!

It was very noisy at night on the street, and since the windows didn't even close properly, we could hardly sleep. But, wait, this is the best part - in the middle of the night, somebody started banging on our bedroom door, and tried to get in! The door was locked, but we were pretty freaked out needless to say. Then, in the morning, we discovered we had been LOCKED INTO our room! (there was a door latch on the other side as well). We made a noise and a staff member finally let us out, explaining feebly that an old and hard-of-hearing staff member had "accidentally" locked our room at night, confusing it with the laundry room that was next door. Seriously!!!!!

There are many, many great options for hostels in Kathmandu, for the same price. Do NOT take any risk with this place!

Note: I stayed here in September 2012.

Date of stay: September 2013
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Last month I came to Kathmandu for a long time,and I choose to live in Kathmandu Terrace,at first it's due to my friends recommendation. After I lived I found it's really a funny hotel.The receptionist Niraj is very cute and handsome,and he can provide us many tourism information,it helps us a lot.There is also a small garden in the roof restaurant. we can try the Nepali food there.All in all, it is a warm place for tourists. you can just feel like you home.

Room tip: room no:309 and 409 are the best one
Date of stay: October 2013