All reviews earthbound expeditions hot water quiet oasis lovely courtyard extra luggage popular tourist the hustle and bustle thamel streets side street fifth floor shopping and restaurants rooms are clean trek to everest base camp excellent location tourist district buffet breakfast busy street
Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

A Room is depressing, dark, dirty with a smelly bathroom. The courtyard gets very noisy at night. Staff is nice and polite but totally improfessional. Food is average. Wifi doesnt work. Not recommended at all.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 August 2018

Staying here is like living away from home. It has all the amenities you need and the staff are the friendliest ever. They cater to your every needs and gets things done when asked efficiently. The food and atmosphere at this resort is great!
A great place to stay!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 July 2018

We stayed a couple nights before and after our Everest Base Camp trek and it was a wonderful place to relax. The location was perfect for experiencing Thamel, it was in the heart of everything but set back off the road and it was unbelievably tranquil and relaxing. I really enjoyed the courtyard and layout of the hotel. The ambiance was great. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. It seemed as if the staff truly cared if we enjoyed our stay and it showed. The breakfast buffet was a wonderful way to start the day too. We had a great time and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

I recently stayed at the Thamel Eco Resort on either end of my Everest Base Camp trek. The room was clean, the staff was friendly and helpful, and I was in the heart of Thamel, but tucked way just enough that to enjoy tranquility. Everything I left behind with then was waiting for me when I returned from the trek. The staff was so kind and hospitable. They immediately gave me some coffee and helped me relax. I will definitely return the next time I am in Kathmandu! Oh, and the beer selection in the beer garden is top notch!

Stayed: June 2018
1  Thank Millee T
Reviewed 26 May 2018

This hidden oasis in the middle of the Thamel neighborhood is quiet and comfortable, but the best feature is the helpful and accommodating staff. When I left my passport in a taxi they helped retrieve it and brought it to me at the airport. On another occasion they allowed us a late check-out so that we could take a shower (after several a day of sight-seeing) before taking a late flight to Dubai.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple