All reviews hot water location is great clean rooms no elevator thamel area hotel is located second home airport heart rooftop nepal electricity
Reviewed 28 December 2015 via mobile

This hotel is well managed by a team of young men. They are friendly and thoughtful. I checked into a budget single room with a private bathroom outside my room. The room is clean and tidy; the bed is comfy; hot water is hot; The only thing I would like to suggest is that the door of the bathroom (damaged ) and the tap of the sink (no hot water) need to be fixed.
Overall, my entire stay in the hotel was pleasant and safe. I would like to stay here again if I come to Kathmandu again in the future.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank skinny_orangey
BrishBackyard, Public Relations Manager at Backyard Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2015

Dear Valued Guest
Thank you for the kind words you’ve written about our hotel. There is no bigger satisfaction to us than knowing your stay with us was very satisfactory. We are very humbled by the words you have written about us. There is no greater pleasure to us than to see our valued guests happy and satisfied. If ever there has been any mistake from our staff or any short comings from the hotel do forgive us.
We are very thankful for the kind words you have written about our hotel from the bottom of our heart.
We hope you will allow us to be your host again in the future and provide us with the opportunity to be your host again in the future.
Kind Regards
Backyard hotel
Kathmandu, Nepal

Reviewed 26 December 2015 via mobile

We stayed here for three nights upon arriving in Kathmandu for the first time. The staff were welcoming, helpful, attentive and friendly. We enjoyed our stay, the always hot showers and the simple yet delicious breakfast. Staff should be commended for their hard work and friendly approach. Would definitely stay again!!

Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bree0810

Kind Regards
Backyard hotel
Kathmandu, Nepal

Reviewed 24 December 2015 via mobile

A very welcoming and helpful hotel, would stay there again. They organised my trek for a very affordable price and they the free breakfast was delicious. All the staff were friendly and looked after me I could not recommend a better place. The wifi was good and the beers were cold there is nothing more you could really ask for

Stayed: January 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Ambrose325

Dear Valued Guest
It brings us great pleasure to know that your stay with us was very pleasant. We feel very blessed to have given the opportunity to be your host. We wish you will give us the opportunity to be your host again in the future. We are always happy to see our services have satisfied our guest. We take great confidence in our staff member and the management team to provide our guests with all the necessities as per the requirement. Here in our hotel we take great confidence in our service and are always looking to provide the best service available. We are always looking to make the stay of our guests as comfortable as possible and give the great service available to us.
As a representative of backyard hotel and from all the staff we thank you from the very bottom of our heart for such an excellent review. We hope to see you back in our hotel again in the future.

Reviewed 20 December 2015 via mobile

I stayed at Backyard Hotel for like 6-7 weeks and had a great time. The rooms are in excellent condition. They had a brilliant team starting from the reception all the way to the guys in the kitchen, all are really friendly and always attentive. Management and the travel team are very helpful and will suggest places to go to around Nepal from treks in the mountains to tours in the main city heart. Special thnx to Mr Durga for hooking me up with an awesome trip to Pokhara. I will miss backyard hotel. They felt like family and will most likely come back here.

If you're looking for a place to stay in Kathmandu I recommend Backyard Hotel to you. It's location is right in the heart of Thamel.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Michael A

Reviewed 6 December 2015

I stayed in the dorm in 4 different occasions during my one month in Nepal. The hotel has a good and quite location in Tamel. The dorms are clean, with lockers, hot water, Furthermore, they have the most friendly staff ever, to whom I am really thankful for the reception and help during my time in Backyard. So far, definitely the best dorm in my Asia trip. I booked my trips to Annapurna and Tibet in the Hotel's tour company. I have to acknowledge the good service and the professionalism of Brish, the manager, who also was very helpful in other matters I had during my stay. If you are looking for a nice place in a reasonable price, Backyard is the place!

Room Tip: Only one dorm with four beds. If tired, you can switch for a private room for a good price.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
3  Thank DPLindoso
BrishBackyard, Guest Relations Manager at Backyard Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2015