All reviews hot shower dorm room budget hotel wi fi place to stay attached bathroom airport pick home away from home quiet place hotel staff nepal trekking heart backpackers alley power tourist
Reviewed 23 June 2018

Lets start with a good point. The only good thing about this hotel were the staffs. They were friendly and always willing to help but the condition of the hotel was so appalling that nothing could be done to improve our stay. First of all,it is a mission to get to the hotel unless you take a taxi.The floors were so dirty, i could not literally take off my shoes. Bedsheets, blankets looked unwashed and stinky. Toilets were filthy and the flush stopped working on the first day. They changed the room for me after the request but it was identical. Doors looked liked it has not been changed since the hotel was opened. I saw cockroaches in the morning under the carpets and told the cleaner but she took it so casually and was surprised. I had plans to stay the next whole week but decided to go outside of Thamel. This is the worst state I have seen of a hotel room.

Room Tip: Go outside Thamel or splash out more for a decent hotel
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
HotelSilverHome, Front Office Manager at Hotel Silver Home, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2018

Dear Guest
Thank you very much for your review of our hotel, We are always happy to hear the feedback from our guest. We are glad that you like our staff member.
We are not totally agree with your review. As you complain about the first room we changed your room and I personally went to that room and checked everything and I didn't found anything that you complained. You complain about the toilet flush and It was working properly, Obviously flush tank take little time to pour after you flush. You complain about the linens but we change every linen after guest check out from the room. I don't know how you found that dirty, Still we gave you better room when you paid very low for the budget room.
Everything have weakness and obviously we also have some weaknesses but your review shows that you desire the five star facility with the very low price.
We will try to provide more better service to our customer in coming days and hope to welcome you and serve you again.

Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

This is one of the best hotel in Thamel. I been there with my friend and I had the best time with them. Staff are very good and there service is very good. They have very good wifi and rooms are very clean.
Best Hotel In Thamel

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo

Namaste and Greetings From Hotel Silver Home

Thank you for your time given to write a review about our property. We are very happy that you love our hotel and services and staff. Our staff members are very happy to hear that you satisfied with there service. This review mean so much to us and it will help us in the future to make the relationship with our guest.

The main motto of our hotel is our guest satisfaction and your words make us feel we were able to reach that expectation.

Reviewed 5 June 2018

I would highly recommend the Silver Home Hotel for anyone looking for a clean, centrally-located hotel in Thamel. Every single staff member was more than helpful and exceedingly accommodating. Additionally, one of the staff Alex is incredibly helpful in booking flights and buses and is very knowledgeable in all things Nepal.

I would absolutely stay at the Silver Home Hotel again and am forever grateful for their hospitality. Truly my home away from home while I was in Nepal.

Thanks, Silver Home for an incredible experience!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
HotelSilverHome, Front Office Manager at Hotel Silver Home, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2018

Reviewed 11 May 2018

Namaste,
During my stay in the Hotel Silver Home, Kathmandu, from 04 May to 08 May 2018, I have best experiences of my Life. The Hotel is in the Thamel area. Just walking distance to Garden of Deams, Darbar Square, Hanuman Dhoka Palace and central market of Thamel. Budget Hotel. Neat & Clean Room and Premises. Mr. Saroj and Ranjan & Suraj are well mannered and always helping hands. Always seen smiling faces. They take care like a family member. They are all Human Beings. Thanks is a little word, but it's from my Heart. An Excellent Hotel to stay alone or with family, very very safe and secure. Always co-operative hands with the customer. Miss U all the Guys. Definately see u shortly in the future. Namaste.

Room Tip: An Excellent Budget Rooms. Nice peoples. Good to stay alone or with family.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
HotelSilverHome, General Manager at Hotel Silver Home, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2018

Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

This was our second stay in this hotel. We came here last year and booked our room here this time without any second thought. This hotel is not on the main road which is a good thing. It's a lot quiter than the outside hotels, no hustle and bustle of the tourists and cars.
The hotel staffs were friendly as usual. I'll stay there again if I go there.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
HotelSilverHome, Front Office Manager at Hotel Silver Home, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2018

Namaste and Greetings From Hotel Silver Home

Thank you for your time given to write a review about our property. We are very happy that you love our hotel and services and staff. This review mean so much to us and it will help us in the future to make the relationship with our guest.