All reviews boutique hotel home away from home lounge area hot water the hustle and bustle central thamel an oasis rooms are clean location is great internet connection peaceful place small hotel kathmandu guest house no lift wonderful hotel tourist area visit kathmandu
Reviewed 6 January 2016

Great boutiques hotel with nice and clean rooms, not a lot of power outages and warm water. The best thing about it is a backyard area with a restaurant and flowers. Food was also great. Also in the heart of the tourist neighborhood near the main square. Visited in 2012 before the earthquake so cannot vouch for the state of this hotel now. Nepal is great so enjoy!

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
AGH6, Owner at Ambassador Garden Home, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review ,we all are happy to know that your recent visit was wonderful at ambassador garden home.
Thank you once again for your time .
Hoping that we will have chance to serve you in future too.

with warm regards,

Prakash
Prakash

Reviewed 6 January 2016

We have been visiting Nepal for many years and stumbled across Ambassador Garden Hotel on our visit in 2013. Absolutely love this place! Have just spent time there again in December 2015 and Prakash (who is the perfect host!) and the staff looked after our family splendidly. The rooms are comfortable and it is so lovely having warm rooms and hot showers 24hrs. The reception area and courtyard are gorgeous and very homely. The location is amazing. Smack bang in the middle of Thamel - but just tucked away ever so slightly so it is very quiet.The bar/disco that used to be adjacent to the hotel has now gone, which is great as sometimes the music could be a little loud. We really feel it is a home away from home and we were very sad to leave last month.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Jo429

Dear Guest,

Namaste! Thank you for taking the time to write these great words of appreciation about the staff and the Ambassador Garden Home. we all are delighted that you had a wonderful time at Ambassador Garden Home.

when you work as a team , this type of appreciation is very much vital to motivate team building.

Namaste!

Reviewed 5 January 2016

When choosing a hotel to stay before and after our trek to Everest Base Camp in December 2015, we were looking for an affordable hotel in the Thamel area and close to shopping, restaurants etc. After looking at several online we decided on the Ambassador Garden Home. From the time we arrived we received excellent service. Management and staff at the hotel were fantastic, the room and other amenities were great and the location suited us perfectly. We will definitely be staying with the our friends at the Ambassador Garden Home when we next visit Kathmandu and I would highly recommend it to anyone visiting the area.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends

Reviewed 5 January 2016

Recently stayed at AGH for a couple of nights following my past experience here and it has stayed the way it was - Excellent. Albeit small in the number of rooms available in the hotel, but the rooms are very welcoming/spotless and the amenities provided are great. The recent earthquake has had its toll on the infrastructure but Prakash dai and his team have maintained it so well, no wonder it is always full with customers. I reiterate the breakfast, which is very delicious and good value for money. Throughout your stay, all your needs are catered for, all you need to do is ask the staff.
I cannot recommend this hotel enough, be it for family or just want to crash somewhere after a night out in Thamel, AGH gets my vote.

Room Tip: Deluxe room - worth every penny!
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled solo

Reviewed 5 January 2016

AGH is the real boutique hotel. The environment and the service of hotel made me feel like I was at my own home. AGH is owner operated hotel. Mr. Prakash is the owner of AGH. He is very kind. He invited me on dinner. I never felt as I was new person during my whole stay at AGH. The staffs are very humble.There is a restaurant in the garden which is only for in-house guest. Breakfast is really good.
Room looks very nice. It is like a combination of traditional look and modern facilities. 24 hours hot shower & electricity attracted me a lot.
I have often to go Kathmandu on my official visit. Now, I have got my home AGH. Thanks to Mr. Prakash and his staffs who take care me very well during my stay at AGH.

Stayed: December 2015