Book In Advance
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

Ways to Experience Chaminuka Game Reserve
All reviews cheetah walk day trip horse riding boat ride cheese tasting buffet lunch big cats art collection one night rainy season wide variety worth the trip wild animals activities drive game fishing
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 November 2020 via mobile

I must say I was not impressed by the rooms nor the food, for the steep price we pay a continental breakfast of bread, cold polony and boiled eggs doesn't cut it.
Donner wasn't impressive either, the lunch tried.

However the activities made up for all the pitfalls! So much fun I tell you, game range amazing ! Wine and cheese guide amazing!!! Boat cruise amazing!!!

This made it worth it

Date of experience: December 2019
1  Thank twaamb0c
Reviewed 21 November 2020 via mobile

I had a great time in this place. I took a one day tour. I did the cheeta and elephant encounter (which is extra cost, but totally worth it).
It was an amazing day and the staff made it much better, they were very kind and they even took pictures for me.

Date of experience: February 2020
Reviewed 23 October 2020

Considering that this is one of the few lodges, apart from Lilaya lodge you hear about when you come to Lusaka, I was surprised to find that it is very basic. People should stop describing it as an elegant place because it is far from being elegant. You have to manage your expectations. The horse ride is more appealing for kids not adults. We saw just a few animal during the game drive—nothing to write home about. Avoid the boat ride. It is dangerous and very basic—more of a canoe ride. It is a mid-size wooden canoe boat with a engine. You are given a life jacket. There is one guy who operates the engine. The boat goes round a very tiny lake. We were in line for the boat ride but after observing the whole operation, we decided not to go on the ride and went back to the lodge because it was too dangerous. The food was horrible—chicken, potatoes were dry. They ran out of bottled water and also ran out of dessert. It was a holiday weekend (last week). I would think that they would have prepared adequately since it was a holiday weekend and also since you had to make a reservation which means that they had an idea of the number of people who were coming. Customer service was terrible. The bucket of water for hand washing was full for hours and no one came to empty it. There was no one supervising. We asked to see the manager and they told us they manager was in the office. On busy holiday weekends you would not expect a manager to be in the office. He/She should be around checking on things. I think this is a resort that is living off past glory. They need to step up their game otherwise they would lose visitors seeking quality entertainment. I did not do the cheetah walk which is one reason why I think people like this lodge. But you cannot base your judgement of a whole lodge on just a 2 mins cheetah walk. So Chaminuka management—step up your game.

Date of experience: October 2020
2  Thank Kingtom10
Reviewed 7 July 2020

The dinner and breakfast were not good! For a lodge of that standard you expect to have dinner and breakfast on point!

Date of experience: July 2020
1  Thank chishimbam2020
Reviewed 17 February 2020

We booked at this lodge for a two night stay and we loved the game drives and the animals and viewing was really good the rooms was lovely as well.
However unfortunately the food is really below standard with not a wide variety to choose from and for that reason we had to shorten our stay to one night instead of two nights as the breakfast only had hard boiled eggs and no bacon.
We would go back but only for a day visit to see the wild animals.

Date of experience: February 2020