See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 June 2018

It is a very busy hotel with lots of people coming for conferences and it is very central in Kampala. The employees are very friendly! They make you always feel very welcome. Its value for money. Clean and nice.

Room Tip: The upper floors are very quiet.
Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Shali Priscilla S, Front Office Manager at Hotel Africana, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2018

Many thanks for your comments.

Hoping to host you again...soon.

Reviewed 4 June 2018

Clean rooms and service but as has been mentioned by other visitors, the lifts were a pain. It seems that this is a recurring problem as my colleagues who stayed a few weeks before my stay had the same problem and moved out on the next day. Please do something about the lift.
Moreover, the door lock card always had an issue. I could open my room only after several attempts and this happened every single day of my stay.
The WiFi....The code provided doesn't always work and the reception is slow to respond. Takes several attempts to connect
Shower leaks the water outside of the sliding door while using it.
Overall not very satisfied because of these annoyances.

Room Tip: Choose Ground floor (because of lift problem)
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business

Thank you for your comments.

We have taken note of some of the points that need to be changed and some have already been worked on.

I trust you would give us another chance...soon to redeem ourselves.

Reviewed 4 June 2018

Located in the city centre, Hotel Africana is one of the most convenient places for conferences/work-shops, business transactions and vacations in Kampala. The hotel has the unique combination of being within a walking distance to the city centre and quietness of the country-side. The services are great.

Room Tip: The balcony of rooms upstairs is the perfect place for an evening cup of tea!
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Shali Priscilla S, Front Office Manager at Hotel Africana, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Dear Jurugo,

Thank you for your review.

We are happy to read that your stay was a good one with us.

Looking forward to hosting you once again soon.

Reviewed 28 May 2018

Other services were perfectly okay. However, there were times when one of the lifts on the Eastern side of the corridor would fail to work and this was not a good experience. I expected your engineers to be at their best to avoid such mistakes which threatens the lives of visitors.

Room Tip: Need to replace used bathing soaps, washing gels and soaps.
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Shali Priscilla S, Front Office Manager at Hotel Africana, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

Dear DinoBradford,

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your recent stay.

Our sincere apologies on the bad experience you had with our lifts.

Please be assured that I have reviewed this feedback with my team and put corrective measures in place to ensure the repeat of the same does not happen.

We do hope to welcome you back and provide the most memorable stay.

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

I went for a Business visit to Kampala and stayed in this Hotel but not happy with quality of rooms and washroom! Old looking rooms! Reception staff not at all friendly!

Service Average! Reception communication over phone very poor! Basic amenities very poor in room!

Not worth to visit with Family!

Didn’t enjoy my stay!

Even Breakfast Area very Average!

Dear Nilesh,

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your recent stay.

I am very disappointed to read that you did not have a great experience at the hotel and have taken note of your concerns in regards to the service at the Reception and room.

Please be assured that I have reviewed this feedback with my team and put corrective measures in place to ensure we are consistently delivering the best services to our guests.

We do hope to welcome you back and provide the most memorable stay.