“Good pizza!”

Ranked #216 of 338 Restaurants in Kampala
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Description: At Cafe Mebanas, food and coffee is re-defined. Our garden cafe blends both modern and vintage interior styles to create an atmosphere that welcomes local residents, visitors and business owners alike. From freshly roasted coffees to the finest local produce, our Cafe creates every meal with extreme care and attention to detail.
Reviewed 20 April 2016

Although the place offers a decent variety of food, I can only comment on pizza. It's very good, in fact I ate their pizza three days in a row. The place is very nice and has a cozy outdoor veranda. The staff is also extremely kind and polite, and I really enjoyed interacting with them. They make a very good pizza, tasty and crusty. They also make delivery for 3000 shillings.

Reviewed 25 February 2015

My experience at Mebanas was excellent. I had one of the best smoothies I have ever taken. Made from fresh fruit and smooth yoghurt. The serving is so big. free Wifi and cosy space to meet friends or business meeting

I can recommend you to try it. Will definitely come back

1  Thank Hjkenya
Reviewed 23 May 2013

Visiting this restaurant with friends on our last night in Kampala we were hoping for a good night out to finish our trip on a high note, how wrong we were. Although the staff were quick to seat us things began to go downhill from there. The chocolate milkshake was thin and did not look like it had seen ice cream let alone 3 scoops of the stuff. It was returned and replaced with, wait for it... another equally shoddy milkshake. Waitress had to be prompted to ask me how I would like my steak cooked. So you can see that at this point our expectations were not high. To give the staff credit our food was served promptly although the 2 vegetarians of our party got the short end of the stick. The creamed mushroom penne which is described as coming with french beans basil and parmesan was to my eye some pasta with a can of mushroom soup poured over it and some kind of cheese but not any parmesan that we had ever eaten. As for the french beans they are obviously the world hide and seek champions because we never saw them on the plate. The only reason my partner got any french beans at all was to take them from my plate. On asking to see the manager his first action was to assume that we were unable to read as he seemed to think that was not how it is on the menu. I don't know about you but I would think that if i was managing a restaurant the ability to know what is on your menu would be key. So after blaming the customer for not reading the menu did not work he proceeded to scuttle off on the pretext of talking to the chef. After some time and making the assumption that he was not returning we sent a waitress to fetch him. When he returned with the chef in tow in order to try shifting blame onto him. I informed the manager that while bringing out the chef was all well and good it did nothing to solve the problem of being served 2 decidedly below par meals and that perhaps he should do something about our bill to reflect this. The result was a reduction of the value of one of the meals, not great but after the experience so far I was not going to press the matter further.
I would advise the owners of the establishment to:
Ensure that you have managers who know what is on the menu.
If you change what you are serving change the menu to reflect this. It's not expensive or difficult I could have got it done in an afternoon with a printer and a laminator.
The manager you employ is the face of your business. It's unprofessional to try placing the blame on other members of staff and you should not drag them out in front of customers, you pay your managers to take responsibility for any problems.

1  Thank Lord_Prior
Reviewed 24 November 2012

This cosy friendly restaurant has so many winning features: their own delicious coffee blend, super fresh juices, delicious sandwiches at cheaper prices than the other more popular cafes, and really friendly helpful staff. Free 30 minutes of internet too. I would like to buy the owner some music that doesn't involve panpipes, but all the same, totally recommended!

1  Thank Tam_WC
Reviewed 9 August 2012

Just visited the Mebanas Cafe and just fell in love with the Chocolate Mousse,Yummy food and the cosy environment it comes with. While in Kampala I highly recommend you to visit it.