“Bad Management and Customer Service - Very unexpected”

Khalifa Executive Suites
Khalifa Executive Suites
Ranked #109 of 210 Kampala B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 May 2017

I was going to stay at the Khalifa Executive Suites for 10 days. It was suggested that I pay upfront and I did. I thought the being a black person who is Muslim I would support the hotel that was run by black African people who were also Muslim. I had to cut my trip short and asked for a refund for the days I didn't stay there and was told by the manager Amin, who is Muslim, that I would be refunded right away. It has been a month now and I am still waiting and have been getting excuses.

Though the place looked very nice the gas didn't work in the entire hotel so I couldn't use the 3 gas stoves and only had access to the 1 electric burner.

The shower head fixture was broken and I had to hold the shower head while I took a shower.

Also on the first day the plumbing stopped and I couldn't flush the toilet. Thankfully they were able to fix the problem.

The Wifi was very bad.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 18 August 2016 via mobile

Rude staff. Not even a smile on leaving . Very unhelpful at reception as well . Had no idea about online booking system.Gave different price from websites. I will not be visiting it again. Rooms looked good though. I can't even give it one star ..

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 June 2016 via mobile

We stayed there for three nights. The rooms are spacious but the place is not aired. The room was smelling of dust.We could smell dust on the bedding too . We sneezed through out the stay & my spouse developed a flu. Changed the room but no much change.
The beds were not comfortable.
A cleaner outside kept banging the bucket the whole night.
The breakfast was too basic.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 December 2014

Loved the setting of Khalifa suites but the bathroom used to flood every time we took a bath, food was not nice and the staff were not professional. They kept calling us for breakfast at 0600hrs yet we had told them we did not need breakfast.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 October 2014

We were so excited to take a family vacation. We had stayed at Khalifa for the last two years during work conferences. This time was the worse time. The room was filled with mosquitoes (we asked for the room to be sprayed), the bathroom and master bedroom flooded every time we used the bath (which never got fixed), and every time we wanted the "free" breakfast, we had to get the manager to call in the cook and waitress. It's like they didn't expect anyone to stay at their hotel. The manager tried to be as accommodating as he could, but his staff wasn't as accommodating. Was not impressed this time.

Stayed: October 2014, travelled with family
Travellers also viewed these Kampala hotels
0.3 km away
4.0 km away
Speke Resort and Conference Centre
8.7 km away
Munyonyo Commonwealth Resort

Been to Khalifa Executive Suites? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Khalifa Executive Suites

Address: 14 Binayomba Road Off Luthuli Avenue | P.O. Box 37623, Bugolobi, Kampala, Uganda
Region: Uganda > Central Region > Kampala
Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Restaurant Swimming Pool Airport Transportation
Ranked #109 of 210 B&Bs / Inns in Kampala
Price Range: €102 - €109 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:4 star — Khalifa Executive Suites 4*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Khalifa Executive Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.