All reviews belgian restaurant wine shop stayed in a junior suite complimentary beer delicious pastries town centre small pool place to stay included breakfast room was spacious tea and coffee busy road stayed here for one night wifi connection nice food quiet place mosquito net
Reviewed 16 August 2018

I travelled from Kampala for work as I live in Zambia. My stay at the hotel was nice, the room was spacious and the staff were helpful and the breakfast was really lovely. The walls of my room were a bit thin and I could hear people in the room next door as well as some outside noise at night - but understand that being in Kampala not much to control!

My only complaint is around the airport pickup I had arranged through the hotel. I had provided details of my travel with my flight information and times in advance to organize the pick up. Unfortunately for me my flight was delayed by 1 and and a half hours and instead of landing at 1:50 am we did not land until 3:30am. By the time I was able to step outside to be picked up it was 4:30am. I did not find anyone outside to pick me. I borrowed a phone to contact the hotel to see if someone was still coming to collect me and no one picked up the phone. I was left with no choice but to take a taxi from someone else. When I arrived at the hotel, I was informed that someone had come to the airport and waited until 4am and that because this is outsourced I would also have to pay the $60 for this service. I understand that someone had come to pick me, but the service was not fulfilled and I was stuck paying twice the fee. If I am providing my flight arrival details and there is a delay, someone picking you up should unfortunate for them be prepared to wait. Anyways, my point is- I wouldn't organize airport pick ups with the hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for one night after arriving in Uganda and before heading out on safari.

The hotel is on a busy road near the town centre and like most tourist places in Uganda has armed guards on the gates. Once inside however you get little sense of the hustle and bustle around you. The lodges are set towards the back of the grounds and consist of nice wooden lodges with thatched roofs in amongst gardens and a swimming pool. The lodges are accessed through a secure reception area with swipe card access. The rooms are open plan, very comfortable and clean. The sink in the bathroom leaked slightly but this didn't really matter. You get a selection of free drinks in the fridge, a safe and free toiletries. Only down side is no mosquito net on the bed but the windows are all screened with mesh and we didn't notice any bugs. The staff were very friendly and helpful.
At the front of the hotel are two eateries. A cafe, which does traditional cafe food as well as nice looking cakes and patisseries and then a more upmarket Belgian style restaurant.
The Belgian restaurant, Le Chateau, was amazing. Great service and the food would not be out of place in a high-end European restaurant. The beef tenderloin with gravy jus was particularly good and all reasonably priced.
A nice bit of paradise in the middle of the chaos of Kampala. Well worthy of a stay.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dubuss
Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed here one night at the start of our Gorilla Trek Africa 11-day tour of Uganda. It is an excellent hotel - big, clean, comfortable room, and the restaurant food and service are excellent. Big shout out to our waiter Robert!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 July 2018

Our hostess Sarah made sure we checked in well. You will not think you are in Kampala when you visit LePetit so quiet and serene. We stayed in one of the junior suites and you would think you are in safari or game park with the unique interior decor.

Would def recommend for a business travellers and also look out for their amazing room service from their restaurants la patisserie and LeChateau.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 April 2018

Wonderful staff. WONDERFUL. Beautifully designed rooms & as others have said, very well maintained grounds.

A few suggestions/areas for improvement:
1) most significantly, upgrade the internet speed. for a hotel of this quality, and of this price range, it is simply too slow.

2) periodically invite chefs from other local restaurants to take over Le Pastisserie in the evening, and host a "pop-up" restaurant, with a menu from their restaurant ((whether it is Indian, Italian, whatever)). The quality hill management gets a cut of the profits...the other restaurant gets exposure to customers in a different part of town...guests get excited by the new option

3) and a personal one - strike a deal with the wine shop on the grounds, and stock the mini bar with wine instead of African beer.

Room Tip: Room 4 is the best of the affordable rooms, as it is furthest from the road
Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo