Speke Hotel(Kampala)
US$98
US$74
US$53
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$62/night.

Agenda 2000 Hotels Ltd(Kampala)(Great Value!)
US$38
US$70
US$68
US$28
Acactus Hotel(Kampala)
All reviewswine shopbelgian restaurantstayed in a junior suitecomplimentary beerdelicious pastriessmall poolplace to stayincluded breakfastspacious roomtea and coffeewifi connectionnice foodquiet placemosquito netpatisserieembassybungalow
Reviewed 22 May 2017

Rooms are very nice - spacious, clean, quiet and air conditioned. I was worried about the noise from Kabalagala bars but it didn't really bother us at night. Good wifi connection too. The pool is also very nice.
Only complaint was slow service at the breakfast place.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 May 2017

A spacious room, lovely grounds, friendly, accommodating staff, outstanding Belgian restaurant and a barista in the patisserie who makes great espresso drinks AND foam art. The WiFi is relatively fast, the TV has CNN and the BBC, the location is quiet.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank HenryTen
Reviewed 25 April 2017

Nice location in a beautifull setting. A very quiet place in hectic Kampala. Nice food in Le Patisserie and restaurant Le Chateau. Beautifull room (nr4). Small pool but very nice. Friendly people. We where with 8 persons and would stay here again.

Room Tip: We booked a executive suite but the path going up there was very wobbly. We changed to room nr 4. Cheaper and nicer. Directly at the pool.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 April 2017

I booked myself at the Le Petit Village to embark on a very early trip upcountry and avoid disturbing everyone else in my house at such wee hours.
It was also to check out the property which I had not seen close up for several years.
Entering the compound close to the American Embassy required to go through a security check though no additional check was then encountered when actually checking into the hotel.
Located on Quality Hill are two key Kampala restaurants neighbours of Le Petit, the more recently rebranded Brasserie Belge - Le Chateau and the completely refurbished La Patisserie where incidentally breakfast is served.
The hotel is actually 'petit' with only 12 suites of different sizes and must have been booked solid as, when I checked in, I was greeted by name and when I asked how the receptionist knew it he said 'You are our last guest we are expecting today'.
Once my picture ID had been copied - a requirement across East Africa today - was I shown promptly to my room, walking along the pool and through what has become a truly tropical garden!
The room proved to be large, airy and fully equipped and my WiFi connection kicked in the moment I entered my password.
Flat screen TV, a working desk, a sitting arrangement with coffee table and two easy chairs, a wide comfy bed with a warm duvet and soft pillows, a stand alone bath tub and the shower hidden behind the bed partition, I lacked nothing, more so when I was brought more tea bags and creamer after I had by early evening finished what I found in the room.
Bottled water too was available with two bottles in the fridge besides the one on the working desk.
This is clearly not a conventional hotel and anyone staying here with business nearby cannot make a better or at least more interesting choice.
The setting, as said earlier, is providing an out of town experience and the two top ranked eateries make a great difference to some of the hotel grub guests may be subjected to at others than Kampala's top hotels.
I enjoyed an excellent three course dinner at the Brasserie Belge which set me back just under 30 US Dollars, drinks included and was glad to have a short route across the compound back to my room after overindulging. Their chocolate mousse was the coup de grace for me and rounded up my meal of an excellent soup followed by a perfectly grilled pepper steak. Being a Belgian restaurant it came with chips, aka French Fries which proved equally perfect.
Breakfast, served at the La Patisserie, turned out to be an a la carte affair and given the wide choices on the menu lacks nothing to satisfy one's cravings in the morning. Be it freshly baked chocolate croissants (still warm), apple pouches and other delicious pastries, it made for a good start of the day!
Overall a short but very enjoyable stay and for anyone coming to Kampala and looking for a small boutique hotel absolutely the right choice.

Room Tip: I was given Suite 8 right at the back of the property and on the upper floor, VERY quiet!
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Safariafficionado
Reviewed 13 February 2017

We Stayed in an African "hut" ;-) with all the amenities a great hotel offers...
The hotel just got a whole new make-over and their rooms (bungalows) are a great place to stay, shattered around in this little oasis with a nice swimming pool and outstanding service by very attentif stafmembers!
Our 2 months stay passed by like a blink of an eye.....
Recommended!

Room Tip: The bungalows in the back are the most private and quietests, not that there is a problem with the other rooms...
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple