All reviewsbelgian restaurantwine shopstayed in a junior suitecomplimentary beerdelicious pastriestown centresmall poolplace to stayincluded breakfastroom was spacioustea and coffeebusy roadstayed here for one nightwifi connectionnice foodquiet placemosquito net
Reviewed 25 April 2017

Nice location in a beautifull setting. A very quiet place in hectic Kampala. Nice food in Le Patisserie and restaurant Le Chateau. Beautifull room (nr4). Small pool but very nice. Friendly people. We where with 8 persons and would stay here again.

Room Tip: We booked a executive suite but the path going up there was very wobbly. We changed to room nr 4. Cheaper and nicer. Directly at the pool.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 April 2017

I booked myself at the Le Petit Village to embark on a very early trip upcountry and avoid disturbing everyone else in my house at such wee hours.
It was also to check out the property which I had not seen close up for several years.
Entering the compound close to the American Embassy required to go through a security check though no additional check was then encountered when actually checking into the hotel.
Located on Quality Hill are two key Kampala restaurants neighbours of Le Petit, the more recently rebranded Brasserie Belge - Le Chateau and the completely refurbished La Patisserie where incidentally breakfast is served.
The hotel is actually 'petit' with only 12 suites of different sizes and must have been booked solid as, when I checked in, I was greeted by name and when I asked how the receptionist knew it he said 'You are our last guest we are expecting today'.
Once my picture ID had been copied - a requirement across East Africa today - was I shown promptly to my room, walking along the pool and through what has become a truly tropical garden!
The room proved to be large, airy and fully equipped and my WiFi connection kicked in the moment I entered my password.
Flat screen TV, a working desk, a sitting arrangement with coffee table and two easy chairs, a wide comfy bed with a warm duvet and soft pillows, a stand alone bath tub and the shower hidden behind the bed partition, I lacked nothing, more so when I was brought more tea bags and creamer after I had by early evening finished what I found in the room.
Bottled water too was available with two bottles in the fridge besides the one on the working desk.
This is clearly not a conventional hotel and anyone staying here with business nearby cannot make a better or at least more interesting choice.
The setting, as said earlier, is providing an out of town experience and the two top ranked eateries make a great difference to some of the hotel grub guests may be subjected to at others than Kampala's top hotels.
I enjoyed an excellent three course dinner at the Brasserie Belge which set me back just under 30 US Dollars, drinks included and was glad to have a short route across the compound back to my room after overindulging. Their chocolate mousse was the coup de grace for me and rounded up my meal of an excellent soup followed by a perfectly grilled pepper steak. Being a Belgian restaurant it came with chips, aka French Fries which proved equally perfect.
Breakfast, served at the La Patisserie, turned out to be an a la carte affair and given the wide choices on the menu lacks nothing to satisfy one's cravings in the morning. Be it freshly baked chocolate croissants (still warm), apple pouches and other delicious pastries, it made for a good start of the day!
Overall a short but very enjoyable stay and for anyone coming to Kampala and looking for a small boutique hotel absolutely the right choice.

Room Tip: I was given Suite 8 right at the back of the property and on the upper floor, VERY quiet!
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Safariafficionado
Reviewed 13 February 2017

We Stayed in an African "hut" ;-) with all the amenities a great hotel offers...
The hotel just got a whole new make-over and their rooms (bungalows) are a great place to stay, shattered around in this little oasis with a nice swimming pool and outstanding service by very attentif stafmembers!
Our 2 months stay passed by like a blink of an eye.....
Recommended!

Room Tip: The bungalows in the back are the most private and quietests, not that there is a problem with the other rooms...
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PAULFRANCISLEYSEN
Reviewed 25 November 2016

Warm welcome, Very helpful staff at the closed "replacement" restaurant/coffee shop or a snack and a beer. Room or rather apartment, large, spacious, good air con and very clean.
Staff across the three days were very good. Both breakfasts and and dinners were very good - quality food and service, despite the extension and rebuilding work.
Definitely plan to return at next visit.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Klastef, Owner at Hotel Le Petit Village, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2016

Dear Paul,

Thank you for sharing your comments and it is truly rewarding to know that you had an enjoyable stay at Le Petit Village.

Your review is proof of the standards we commit to our guests and our team will truly be delighted to learn about your kind words.

We have just completed a major refurbishment of the rooms and are nearing completion of the upgrade of our restaurant Le Chateau. Your comprehension on this is very much appreciated !
We are sure you will be able to enjoy, during your next visit, the complete revamp of interior, feel and also the menu that will get a Belgian Brasserie touch.

We hope to see you again soon for an even better experience.

Kind regards,

Emily Duyck
Director

Reviewed 23 September 2016

If you're considering or your safari company wants to put you there be aware that it's a charming though occasionally dysfunctional hotel (bathroom lights didn't work the first night I stayed there & as an earlier reviewer noted there are no hairdryers which is a nuisance if you get in late & need to shower before you go to bed) but they have a real problem with an after hours night club across the street playing hugely amplified music with base speakers that reverberate the rooms till 3 or 4 in the morning.
The first night I was there was the festival of Eid and even my earplugs didn't help until they quit at 4 am.
So my guide & I asked when I checked in for my last night in Uganda if they would be loud music & were told no, it was a Monday & so a dead night - which turned out to be untrue. Fortunately it wasn't quite as bad as the first night & the earplugs helped..
When I mentioned it next morning the night desk guy who was just leaving said he hadn't noticed & I must have very good hearing for my age ☺

Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for having stayed with us at Le Petit Village Kampala and for your feedback online.

We are pleased to hear that you have liked the look and feel of our hotel. Our apologies for the inconvenience caused by the non working lights.
However, we are pleased to inform you that we have just completed a major upgrade and refurbishment of the rooms and are confident that you will enjoy the new rooms.

I am sorry to hear that you experienced some disturbances of the neighbourhood noise that are actually very exceptional. Please accept my most sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

We value your comments, and it is constructive feedback such as yours that enables us to improve. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to be able to host you again in the future.

Kind regards,