“Excellent hospitality with the perfect host.”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 2 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Dennis N
“Excellent hospitality with the perfect host.”
Reviewed 23 March 2018 for a stay in March 2018

I arrived in Dakar, Senegal, on March 15, 2018 with some trepidation. I had never been to Senegal (or to Africa), and did not speak French or Wolof. I knew very little of its people but was game for some adventure. The new airport was a fair way from the city itself, on its outermost boundaries, but an air-conditioned, luxury bus whisked me to the Grand Yoff Terminal for a mere 10 Euros. It was much more economical than a taxi and filled with European travellers. I was off to a great start.
My host, Amadou Ndiaye, was at the terminal to meet me —the first indication of the personal service I would come to appreciate. He spoke English, French, and Wolof, and settled any concerns that I had about communication problems. In five minutes we were at his apartment building, letting me know that I would be situated at the center of everything in Dakar. I would later find out that he did not exaggerate his claims.
I was in for another pleasant shock. His building was more secure than my own in the United States. A wireless, electronic door was activated by a remote access key to the ground floor. My apartment was on the fourth floor and secured by double bolted locks that made a satisfyingly secure sound when unbolted or bolted. The whole building was kept under 24 hour television surveillance. You would think I was entering the US Embassy.
The apartment itself was very well appointed with everything a guest would need. It was fully furnished with utensils, appliances, and furniture. I had Wi-fi, cable tv, and hot & cold water. My bed was large enough for three people, and a stairway to the roof provided a scenic panorama of the Grand Yoff neighbourhood.
Despite the extraordinary security of my apartment, I soon found out that the neighbourhood was a very pleasant and safe environment, its people helpful, friendly, and accommodating to my atrocious attempts at speaking French. Perfect, n'est-ce pas?
I was off and running about the area with no concerns whatsoever. The bus lines ran almost to my doorstep. Amadou was correct: I was at the center of things. I took one bus(#23) to downtown Dakar (a 30 minute ride) to visit the museums, the presidential palace, the local markets, and other points of interest. I took another (#47) to buy fresh fish at the seaside in Ngor (Almadies) and to eat at the seaside restaurants. I also stayed at home in Grand Yoff and patronized the local neighbourhood market and establishments. There was a lot to see.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
A TripAdvisor Member
“Wonderful Apartment and a very Helpful Owner!”
Reviewed 28 February 2017 for a stay in February 2017
people found this review helpful

This apartment was ideal and just what I was looking for me and my family. It is a safe and secure building. It has all the necessary amenities that you need. The owner Amadou Ndiaye was wonderful! just a nice guy! He even sent a driver to pick my family and I from the airport. There was also this amazing young lady who did a wonderful job cleaning the apartment and making the beds daily. Thank you Amadou for everything! You made our stay there worth it.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Management Response
1 Mar 2017
Hi Mamadou, c'était un réel plaisir de t'accueillir toi et ta famille. Revenez quand vous voulez, vous serez chez vous! Amadou
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing