See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 February 2016

I really appreciate NINZI HILL HOTEL especially staff were friendly and helpful in.
NINZI HILL HOTEL is one of the popular hotels in the city,
And I thank the way hotel has decided to make a discount in providing Room, Restaurant services on the best prices.
Rooms are very cleaned, fresh air,
Thanking, keep it up !!!

Mr. Nabocent

Room Tip: In Ninzi there are flexible people, Rooms on the south side are quieter" "Corner suites are large and sunny"
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Niebock
Reviewed 18 September 2015 via mobile

The staff stole a kettle from my room and charged 30$ for a two hour late check out. They gave a lot of exicses for it but nothing made logical sense. Toilet didn't work and shower is horrible. Stay away there are better and cheaper options with better customer service in town. Breakfast is fine though.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 September 2015

The location is nice and central with lots of restaurants close by. the rooms are very basic and the bath room facilities is not so nice as you struggle to get water out of the shower head. Food is fine and fresh. Not to bad but I still think the price you pay compare to South Africa it is expensive.
Free WiFi in the rooms and friendly staff

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Adriaan N
Reviewed 18 February 2013

I had a wonderful visit with Ninzi hotel! Great location near the convenience store on the corner where the taxis wait (and motos if you are brave). Also a short walk to two great cafes with free wifi (Magda, my favorite and Chocolat upstairs.)

The rooms are clean and have everything you need. The staff is super helpful and it's fun to figure out who prefers french or english! I spoke french to the breakfast staff, only to learn 5 days later that they prefer english. Meanwhile, if you speak french to the owner, he will do you a favor like permit you to check out at 6 pm for no extra charge! The cost is reasonable, I paid $60/night in Jan 2013. The hotels that cater to foreigners such as Mille Collines (amazing fish brochettes) and Serena cost $250-300/night. Ninzi is much more local.

I see others complain of theft, and all I can say is that when staying at any hotel in Africa (of any price), I always keep my room key with me at all times. I never have the staff clean when I am out of the hotel. Of course, I am often traveling for research and have over $5,000 cash with me.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank Corinne A
Reviewed 7 October 2011

This was pretty basic accommodation. There was no fan so the room was hot, mosquito protection on the window wasn't fixed and there was no net. Although there was plenty of hot water the shower didn't work.

So, we were not impressed with the room, but the staff were generally charming and very helpful. For example, I was allowed to use someone's office computer to check in for our flights home; we had been gorilla trekking earlier in the day we arrived and staff took away our muddy boots, socks and poles and returned them in time for us to leave the next day.

The food was good although it took a long time to arrive (even by local standards).

Room Tip: Our room did not have a fan and was extremely hot as a result. After catching sight of a much better room that was being cleaned I would suggest asking to see a different room if you are not happy with the one you are given.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple