All reviews small mall gym and swimming pool bit dated excellent location ordered room service expected amenities egg station nice service an iron business trip shower head hot water very nice hotel rooms are spacious walking distance bars and restaurants excellent business hotel
Reviewed 1 October 2018

Was in Maputo last week and stayed at the Avenida Hotel, only for the 4th time! Last 2 times there were renovations happening and the banging was disturbing. Now that's all done. The Avenida is very centrally located in the city. They are not in the hotel business to offer accommodation.They are in the hospitality business to make everyone feel right at home. The food is excellent and the staff ever so helpful, even with your attempts to speak Portuguese. This won't be the last time I go back home to the Avenida.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
JacintaT72, Executive Assistant Manager at Hotel Avenida, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2018

Dear Dyborn,
Thank you for taking the time to write such nice comments after your stay with us.
I am truly pleased to hear that we have fulfilled and exceeded your expectation regarding our service, facilities and breakfasts. Our Team's main goal is to offer each Guest's stay an unforgettable experience.
It was a pleasure to have you as our Guest and I do hope to be able to welcome you back to our hotel on your next visit to Maputo.
Kind Regards,

Reviewed 20 August 2018

I stayed at Avenida for work purposes. Some of the reviews online said the hotel was a bit dated but I think those reviews must have been old as I found the hotel to be top quality in terms of comfort and modern touches. The public areas were clean, comfy and had a sense of luxury I wasn't expecting. The staff were attentive at all times and I felt confident in their skills. The breakfast was my daily highlight. My room was spacious, modern and very clean. The wifi was fast and the staff helped us use the business centre without an issue. The hotel is well situated for the hospital, the University and for walking to the tourist areas. There is a small mall (with bureau de change) and a number of excellent restaurants only a few blocks away. Overall, the hotel was ideal for a business trip and way exceeded my expectations. I would stay again :)

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Jacinta T, Executive Assistant Manager at Hotel Avenida, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2018

Kind Regards

Reviewed 23 July 2018

The Hotel Avenida was recently renovated. The rooms are spacious and well-decorated.
The bathrooms are modern.
The staff was very attentive and helpful. They would leave chocolates everyday and in the last night they left a small bag of cashew.
The breakfast has a lot of variety to choose from.
The location is perfect you have just outside several banks, restaurants and some stores.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Jacinta T, Executive Assistant Manager at Hotel Avenida, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2018

Dear Guest. Thank you for making our hotel your second home when you're in Maputo. Your continued patronage of our hotel is sincerely appreciated and we hope to be part of your future trips.

Reviewed 26 June 2018

The hotel is well situated. Staff very professional and great service. Stayed for a week. Fantastic facilities such as the rooftop pool and gym, as well as great views. Nothing to fault really, even got a small gift when I left.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Jacinta T, Executive Assistant Manager at Hotel Avenida, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

Very well located hotel, clean room, besides having nice and receptive staff.
High quality restaurants and very good breakfast.
The gym is also well equipped.
Highly recommended for a period related to business trip at the heart of Maputo.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Jacinta T, Executive Assistant Manager at Hotel Avenida, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2018