See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 January 2016

This Hotel is located in the central part of the city.Convenient location. The hotel shuttle picked me up at the Airport on time. The hotel Lobby looked great and check in staff were very friendly.The rooms are very old, falling apart and very basic.Not worth the price, if you are comparing it with other destinations.But being a frequent traveler to Maputo...it was reasonable for the price .Overall, I would recommend it to someone that is not very fussy but looking for very basic accommodation in a VERY expensive city.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank tumelo2015
Reviewed 23 March 2015

It’s kind of a funny place. When I entered the hotel lobby, I really liked it. It was clean and nice. It gave me a good feeling about the place. But as soon as I started talking to the person on the reception it kind of vanished.
The reception staff gave himself a 300 MZN tip from my side. My hotel bill was 4700 for 2 days, and he didn’t wanted to return the change from 5000. He insisted he wanted to have Coke (I assumed coca cola) from that money.
Then I entered my room, small, but workable. Until I found a major flaw with the room. There were no power points in the room, except the one where the television worked. I called the reception, and they said someone would come and check. He did, but after about 30 minutes, and only after I had called 2 more times. Now the funniest part. The person who came to check, didn’t also know about the power points. He checked the whole room looking for the power point, moving beds from one end to another. Then he left. And then I called the reception again. They said they would send someone to change my room. Someone came, again after 30 minutes, but with an extension cable. Problem solved? But no, it wasn’t. The extension didn’t work on the point where the tv was plugged, so I had to find another point, which was in the washroom, and since (ofcourse) the cable wasn’t long enough, I had to adjust my bed so that it could rest on my bed. So problem finally solved.
Then I called for room service. And I was told that any food for room service would have an extra bill of MZN 100 (that’s more than 3 dollars). Reluctantly I agreed. When the food came with the bill, it was hand written, and had to be settled right then only and not later at check out. So I realized the hotel might not have this policy of charging MZN 100, but the staff might be doing it on by themselves.
Rest of the stay was uninterrupted, since I decided not to use any other facility. Except the breakfast, which was again not that great. We were given plates which were smaller then quarter plates because apparently it was for “breakfast and not buffet dinner”. Silly me. I wanted normal plates like normal people, but I had forgotten it was breakfast time.
The only good thing about this hotel would be its lobby. If you plan to meet someone you can call them in the lobby, and they might feel that you are living in a nice place.
The location is also convenient, as you can get cab just outside.
And it is obviously an expensive hotel.

Room Tip: Dont stay here
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business
8  Thank PradWestside
Reviewed 6 February 2015 via mobile

From the moment the taxi stopped in front of the hotel and I had a quick look at the shabby doormat at the front entrance if the hotel, I knew deep in my heart that I was going to dislike everything about the place.
It's in the middle of town, and so the surrounding area is VERY noisy, so if you go there, forget about a peaceful sleep.
There is a very busy bar in the entrance, minus 50 points!
Everything is dull and old fashioned - the wall paintings, furniture, keyhole system, wardrobes ( they don't close) - even the bathtub is brownish in colour. I thought, "am I going to bath in there?"
You have to run the water for about 45 minutes before it gets hot - that is absolutely ridiculous! That is because the geyser is so far away from the bathroom.
There are few sockets in the room - you have to unplug the tv to use your laptop or charge a second phone, unplug the fridge to turn on the kettle.
The staff seem bored to be there....I think the place needs a total overhaul and doesn't deserve even half a star.

Stayed: January 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 November 2014

This is not an easy place to review, but taking all aspects into consideration, I still find it acceptable. It is grossly overpriced, but then again so is all other hotels in Maputo and depending on your budget, this is unfortunately to be consider good Maputo-value... Rooms are old and in dire need of an upgrade, but my room was well cleanded with fresh Clean sheets. I did not suffer from noise. The A/C unit was an old relic from the former Soviet Union...but with some stubborness I made it work and staff did what they could to help out.
Breakfast wasn't overwhelming, but still ok. I was there for a Conference and that setup was simple but perfectly fine and food buffets and snacks were really nice with good variation and nice presentation. Some waitors were a bit unexperienced but did their best and a couple of old wolves were there to help out if things tended to get out of hand. A la carte dining in the evening not as good as buffet and food took long to come, so that's a letdown, especially if you are in a hurry.
Internet was very up and down, but it's hard to say how much better other hotels are... I Think that's a general issue where the internet providers are not up to par. The lobby and restaurant area are much nicer and cozier than the old, bare rooms and the small garden and pool area outside are not so bad either.
Elevators are truly a nightmare, so make sure to get a room on the lower floors and use the stairs. That way you may also be in luck and Catch the wifi...

All in all, looking at what's available in Maputo, this is an ok place to stay. I congratulate those of you rich enough to afford the top-end places, but those are really not so perfect either...

Room Tip: Get a room on the lower floors - not much view outside anyway... This way you avoid the horrific elevators and may also be able to access the wifi in your room.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 May 2014

The people there are trying they are very nice but the hotel really its crap, its old, the elavators are a nightmare, its too noisy at night, the bed was not comfortable at all. its really terrible seriously.

Room Tip: Go for higher floors
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family