All reviews shopping mall the hotel offers business trip large bathroom breakfast spread common areas shower head rooms are nice other hotels ocean view enjoyed my stay microwave wifi couch mozambique portuguese
Reviewed 28 September 2018 via mobile

I stayed at the Afrin from Sept 19th to 27th. The hotel has many good points and with a little effort could receive 5 stars. First the good points:
Manager Amin Assamo is most diligent and courteous.
My room and the common areas (elevators, lounges, corridorsetc) were spotlessly clean and in great condition.
The staff were generally very friendly and responsive - before I arrived I had to email them twice with questions, once on the weekend, and in all cases I received a response in 15 minutes.
The restaurant is good- the breakfast buffet has a good variety of dishes. Room service is 24 hours and whenever I placed an order (and I ordered sometimes 3 courses) my food came in 30 minutes max regardless of the time of day. The piri piri chicken is very tasty and the cream soups are also great.
The hotel offers a free shuttle to the airport - just book it at the front desk the day before.
Hotel is conveniently located near to a mall that includes a food court, currency exchange and a full service grocery store open until 9pm. As a single woman I felt safe at all times in the hotel and walking around outside - they have lots of security but they are not menacing.
The business center has modern equipment and a quality printer.
Needing improvement
It was next to impossible to get change in either dollars or Mets from the front desk, the bar or the restaurant. How can nowhere in the hotel be able to make change for 200 Mets? That is ridiculous.
The shower stall has nowhere to put the soap. One must hold on tight with one hand - there's no soap dish or nook in the wall. Nada.
Quirky
There are no phones or irons in the rooms
For the phone use WhatsApp which everybody in Mozambique seems to use
anyway
Bring travel iron or they will let you use the one iron they seem to possess but be quick- the housekeepers need it back.
Despite these quirks I really enjoyed my stay and when I return to Maputo I would definitely stay there again before going to other hotels and I did visit two Southern Sun and Gloria and still prefer Afrin for its cozy feel and friendly staff.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
Aamir-Afrin, Manager at Afrin Prestige Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2018

Dear Miss Soeurlt

Thank you very much for the comments for our hotel.

We are happy to read your comments and feel pleasure that you liked our hotel, break fast, service and hotel staff. Feel good that you liked our piri piri chicken and soups and also we have alot delicious items which you should try.

As informed to our guest that we have just open the new building for the group of Joava and still there was some items missing which you have already wrote. We are in process to finalized our PABX system for new building and still remains some work in bathrooms which will be finish by mid of October 2018. We have informed to all group of Joava for using WhatsApp for any type of help or requirements so we can respond and resolve properly in time.

We hoped that you like our hospitality and recommend our hotel to another and also we look forward to see you again.

Regards
aamir iqbal

Reviewed 27 September 2018 via mobile

Clean hotel. Very helpful and patient staff. Atmosphere peaceful yet lively. Good location right next to a shopping mall. Breakfast is tasty and the coffee is good. Toilet in my room made weird noises but worked well. Room was spacious.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends

Hy Miss Annmarie

Thank you very much for giving your spacious time for writing comments for our hotel.

We are happy to read your comments and i will forward your comments to our staff for which i feel they will be happy for motivated. We feel pleasure that you liked the breakfast and coffee or restaurant and i think you should try our food as well which is quite delicious.

We hope to see you in future.

best regards
aamir iqbal

Reviewed 10 August 2018

My overall experience at the hotel was good.
Rooms: Nice and spacious, with a lovely courtyard out back, by the pool.
Food: Breakfast was nice and fresh (I enjoy my morning fruit, and they had a lovely selection each morning).
Service: The staff are very pleasant. Unfortunately, sometimes, English was a bit of a barrier, but mostly it was fine.
I would like to mention, the Director; Aamir Iqbal, was very great to deal with and when I needed assistance, he was very helpful and professional.
I would come back again.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Aamir-Afrin, Manager at Afrin Prestige Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2018

Dear Miss Lara

Thank you very much for comments regarding our hotel and we feel happy that you liked our hotel, room and breakfast.
We have trained staff and speaks good english, sometimes we have internee at our reception and reservation dept and they cannot speak well but we are working on it and trying to resolve this issue.

We hoped to see you in future again and hopefully you will find more changes and good attractive things in our hotel.

Please feel free to contact us for future visits.

Reviewed 9 August 2018

The hotel is situated in a busy part of Maputo near the ferry jetty. But in no means does that mean it is in a noisy place. Service is excellent in all areas and the morning breakfast is very good.
The hotel boasts a lot space in both the lobby, bar area and the rooms are absolutely massive with spacious balconies docket with some light patio furniture.
There is a mini garden area that is adequate for those wanting to have a meal or a drink outdoors.
There are 2 large malls literally next door with a lot of shops and food courts in case you want to try out food from outside the hotel

Room Tip: The rooms facing the park behind the hotel have a more airy feel and you get a sneak peak of Maputo bay.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business

Dear Chulzm

Thank you very much for giving time for commenting about our hotel.

We are happy to read your comments that you liked the hotel, service and breakfast of our hotel. Also thank you very much about writing for our all areas which you have liked and we are continuously trying to create some new things for our guest and we are trying that the guest should feel as they are staying in home.

We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 12 April 2018

comfy beds, decently price for what we got, nice pool and lounge area! clean amenities! A bit noisy being beside the mall. loud music played very late at night. We asked to move rooms to an ocean view and they could not accommodate us. But hotel location is very close to many great restaurants and a good price!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Aamir-Afrin, Manager at Afrin Prestige Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2018

Good day Miss Lauren

Thank you very much for the comments regarding our hotel.

We feel pleasure to read that you liked our hotel, room and amenities. Our reception could not gave you rooms because we were fully booked and all the rooms on seaside was occupied.

Hopefully you will get room on seaside on your future visit and you will see the difference in our rooms and services as well.

Hope to see you again.