All reviews shopping mall the hotel offers business trip large bathroom breakfast spread common areas shower head rooms are nice other hotels ocean view enjoyed my stay microwave wifi couch mozambique portuguese
Reviewed 27 September 2018 via mobile

Clean hotel. Very helpful and patient staff. Atmosphere peaceful yet lively. Good location right next to a shopping mall. Breakfast is tasty and the coffee is good. Toilet in my room made weird noises but worked well. Room was spacious.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Aamir-Afrin, Manager at Afrin Prestige Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2018

Hy Miss Annmarie

Thank you very much for giving your spacious time for writing comments for our hotel.

We are happy to read your comments and i will forward your comments to our staff for which i feel they will be happy for motivated. We feel pleasure that you liked the breakfast and coffee or restaurant and i think you should try our food as well which is quite delicious.

We hope to see you in future.

best regards
aamir iqbal

Reviewed 10 August 2018

My overall experience at the hotel was good.
Rooms: Nice and spacious, with a lovely courtyard out back, by the pool.
Food: Breakfast was nice and fresh (I enjoy my morning fruit, and they had a lovely selection each morning).
Service: The staff are very pleasant. Unfortunately, sometimes, English was a bit of a barrier, but mostly it was fine.
I would like to mention, the Director; Aamir Iqbal, was very great to deal with and when I needed assistance, he was very helpful and professional.
I would come back again.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Aamir-Afrin, Manager at Afrin Prestige Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2018

Dear Miss Lara

Thank you very much for comments regarding our hotel and we feel happy that you liked our hotel, room and breakfast.
We have trained staff and speaks good english, sometimes we have internee at our reception and reservation dept and they cannot speak well but we are working on it and trying to resolve this issue.

We hoped to see you in future again and hopefully you will find more changes and good attractive things in our hotel.

Please feel free to contact us for future visits.

Reviewed 9 August 2018

The hotel is situated in a busy part of Maputo near the ferry jetty. But in no means does that mean it is in a noisy place. Service is excellent in all areas and the morning breakfast is very good.
The hotel boasts a lot space in both the lobby, bar area and the rooms are absolutely massive with spacious balconies docket with some light patio furniture.
There is a mini garden area that is adequate for those wanting to have a meal or a drink outdoors.
There are 2 large malls literally next door with a lot of shops and food courts in case you want to try out food from outside the hotel

Room Tip: The rooms facing the park behind the hotel have a more airy feel and you get a sneak peak of Maputo bay.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business

Dear Chulzm

Thank you very much for giving time for commenting about our hotel.

We are happy to read your comments that you liked the hotel, service and breakfast of our hotel. Also thank you very much about writing for our all areas which you have liked and we are continuously trying to create some new things for our guest and we are trying that the guest should feel as they are staying in home.

We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 12 April 2018

comfy beds, decently price for what we got, nice pool and lounge area! clean amenities! A bit noisy being beside the mall. loud music played very late at night. We asked to move rooms to an ocean view and they could not accommodate us. But hotel location is very close to many great restaurants and a good price!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Aamir-Afrin, Manager at Afrin Prestige Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2018

Good day Miss Lauren

Thank you very much for the comments regarding our hotel.

We feel pleasure to read that you liked our hotel, room and amenities. Our reception could not gave you rooms because we were fully booked and all the rooms on seaside was occupied.

Hopefully you will get room on seaside on your future visit and you will see the difference in our rooms and services as well.

Hope to see you again.

Reviewed 24 March 2018

The service provided at the hotel was beyond deplorable. Prior to my arrival, I contacted the hotel 3 times (twice by email and once by Whatsapp) to confirm my complimentary pickup from MPM airport on the day of my arrival. However, upon arriving in Maputo and lining up for a long time to obtain my visa on arrival, no one was there to pick me up!! According to the hotel they had dispatched a driver who merrily left after waiting for a while at the airport. Clearly they have no idea how long the visa on arrival process at Maputo airport takes! Other not as luxurious hotels (3*, 4*) sent the drivers into the airport to check on their visa on arrival passengers and waited for them, while the driver from my so-called 5 star hotel just left. They even had the cheek not to refund me the $10 I had to spend getting to the hotel on my own- disgusting!

In addition, they even had the impunity to charge me for bottled water to my room. When I called to ask for the water the first thing I was told very rudely is "YOU PAY!" by the reception staff. They are very quick to tell you to pay for stuff but fail miserably at adhering to their customer's needs. The front reception staff speak almost 0 English and talking to them is like banging my head against a brick wall. Absolutely disgusting, deplorable, repulsive experience and you couldn't pay me enough to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Basanth S
Aamir-Afrin, Manager at Afrin Prestige Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

Dear Mr. BASANTH

Our Airport Shuttle was at Airport for your pickup but the driver could not found you and stayed almost 45 minutes for you. Another he has 2 more guests in Van for Hotel and the guests were waiting for long thatswhy the driver asked the concerned person and leave the Airport with the guests inside the Van. The process of Visa takes around 30 minutes maximum and the driver waits for you and he informed that there is nobody in immigration as well. It was confirmed to refund you USD 10.00 but you leave the hotel very early at 4.45am in the morning and the reception guy could not manage to refund or had miscommunication on your departure time. Can we give USD 10.00 in Mozambique to someone for adjusting your account if possible?

There is 1 complimentary water bottle of 500ml per day in all rooms and if the guest needs extra so he can ask Restaurant or Bar with payment. Normally the guest is calling to reception for extra bottle of water and we are offering as a complimentary within normal working hours when our main store room is open.

We have forwarded your complaint to our concerned department and we will give you feedback after conclusion. If guests have any difficulty or complaint so he can contact with duty manager and duty manager is liable to resolve the issue.

We assure you that you will not face any problem in your future visits.

Please accept our apology for the inconvenience.