“Not bad, but nothing special”
Review of Cristal - CLOSED

Cristal
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 11 October 2015

I read in my travel guide book that Cristal is a must-do, but it is nothing special.

I sat inside, the restaurant appears to be well-managed and service is good for Maputo.

My starter dish was the claims, which were very well prepared, and served with a simple peri-peri sauce.

Main course was something strange. It was referred to as "acorda" a shrimp and bread stew. It was interesting, although I would not order this again.

The restaurant has a strange formality in atmosphere, not what I was looking for in Maputo! The prices were reasonable.

Reviewed 8 October 2015

I had the grilled grouper (garoupa) here, served with vegetables and rice. The fish was fresh, it was grilled to perfection and absolutely delicious. Not a fancy restaurant, but the food is great, with friendly service. Would return.

Reviewed 23 September 2015 via mobile

Food was average but not pocket friendly.Salad was good and drink i wanted fresh juice and guy brought normal packet juice.
You can try if you really like portugese food.

Reviewed 6 September 2015

A simple but cozy restaurant with a lot of good dishes, with fair prices, at Maputo. Rice grouper with shrimp is one of many good offers of Crystal, where we can also find some typical Mozambican dishes. It also has one of the best cooked crabs of the city.

Reviewed 26 August 2015 via mobile

Returned to Cristal, and I had a better experience. I had a mushroom boat for starter, carne de porco a alentejana and chocolate mousse, and everything was delicious. If you are outside the street vendors can be a bit annoying. I will return more.