All reviews executive floor five star hotel fabulous hotel business hotel post box front office staff amazing service star service central market asian fusion turn down service the club lounge long flight sister hotel special mention every evening our waiter
Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

Fantastic staff. We checked in at 0900 and with half an hour we had a room. Fantastic service. Truly 5 star. Great breakfast with everything you could imagine. No kippers but eggs Benedict with salmon was super. Night time on the Terrasse cocktails ok. Pina colada not recommended. Great stay.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
IndigoHotels, General Manager at Labourdonnais Waterfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2017

Dear Malcolm,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Labourdonnais Waterfront Hotel and thank you for having taken the time to rate and share your experience with us. Enjoying the terrace in the evenings are ever so pleasant, sipping on cocktails while our pianist plays soothing melodies that create a lovely ambiance. I'm pleased to read that our staff members provided your with a memorable experience. We all look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 26 November 2017

As senior tourists who wanted to experience Mauritius and its people rather than spend our time at a beach resort, we chose the Labourdonnais in Port Louis as our base to travel out from. It was a great choice!
By the end of our 11 nights the Labourdonnais felt like home. Its standout feature was the friendliness and helpfulness of all the staff. In particular, we must mention the Guest Services staff - Barbara, Karine, Chaya, Prisca, Gaelle and Kirthy. We enjoyed our chats in the Executive Lounge over our pre dinner drinks!
For breakfast, the menu itself was fairly standard but the food was good. My wife liked the curry buffet option.
We had dinner in the Brasserie Chic restaurant only a few times as we preferred to eat out. On each occasion the food was good, particularly the lobster. In the Yuzu restaurant we had a fusion style de gustacion which was excellent.
A few minor issues - something forgotten by housekeeping or an error with the breakfast order - all were resolved quickly by the friendly helpful staff. No real complaints.
Our last evening was spent on a complimentary hotel-arranged sunset catamaran cruise - a perfect way to end a great stay!
Sandra and Frank, Perth, Western Australia

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Sandra and Frank,

I am very pleased to read that you decided to stay with us for your holiday in Mauritius. Labourdonnais Waterfront hotel gives you the flexibility to enjoy a luxurious and serene environment all while being able to discover Mauritius in all its beauty through excursions and just being able to walk into the capital to embrace the local architecture, historical monuments and cultural diversity.

Being able to contribute to our guests feeling a unique ‘home away from home’ is the ultimate gratification that we could ask for. Our staff pay extra attention to details and strive to provide a memorable experience to all of our guests. Rest assured that we have passed on your kind words to the Executive Lounge staff. We have also taken note of your suggestions to maintain our hotel standards. Guest feedback helps us get to the root of any challenges that arise.

You could not have completed your stay with us without enjoying the sunset cruise. Sandra and Frank, I look forward to welcoming you back the next time you decide to come back to Mauritius.

Reviewed 25 November 2017

Well situated in Waterfront of Port Louis, Labourdonnais Waterfront hotel will provide all the amenities you need for your business stay in Mauritius.
Comfortable rooms, excellent breakfast and dedicated staff will make you enjoy your stay there

Room Tip: Book a room at Executive floor (6th) where you get private check-in and personalized service
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

Dear ben642016,

Thank you for such a warm review of your experience at the Labourdonnais Waterfront Hotel. I am pleased that you enjoyed our facilities and catering for your business needs. I look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in town.

Reviewed 23 November 2017

The hotel is beautiful and the location is good in Gaudan where you can do shopping, wake under the hanging colored umbrellas. I booked with half board and I regretted, breakfast is poor and dinner every night is the same only curry buffet and drinks not included.

Rates out of 10:
Breakfast: 6
Dinner: 4

Overall: 7 out of 10

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
IndigoHotels, General Manager at Labourdonnais Waterfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2017

Dear slagami,

I would like to thank you for your in depth review of your experience at the Labourdonnais Waterfront hotel. I ampleased that you enjoyed your room and that our staff provided your with a memorable experience. Your breakfast experience does not reflect our hotel standards in any way as it is unfortunate that you find our selection of over 80 breakfast items limited. To have a choice ranging from fresh pastries, smoked salmon, fresh fruit & juice station, cereals, dim sum, a variety of cold cuts, cheese and a curry bar just to mention a few, is quite an appealing breakfast suitable for all tastes.
We also have a wide selection of items on our menu for dinner. We do look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 14 November 2017 via mobile

The hotel is beautiful and I found reception very friendly and helpful. My displeasure was with the housekeeping team. The bar fridge in my room has clearly not been cleaned in weeks. It was actually very unpleasant because now you wonder about the effort made in cleaning the rest of the room. When I phoned to complain the person could barely understand English. Very frustrating. And obviously the problem did not get sorted.

Another frustration was that the Do No Disturb sign does not get respected. When I use the sign they would phone. I.e. still disturb me.

So even though many teams work efficiently in the hotel, there are room for significant improvement.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
IndigoHotels, General Manager at Labourdonnais Waterfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2017

Dear Yolanda S,

I would like to thank you for having taken the time to share your experience with us. I would like to apologise for your disappointment with our housekeeping team. This does not reflect our property’s level of service in any way. Rest assured that your comments have been shared with our management team and remedial action will be taken. Thanks to guest reviews, we can identify areas of improvements and take action quickly and efficiently to maintain our standards. We do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to experience a truly memorable stay.

Kind regards,
Rolph Schmid – Managing Director.