All reviews executive floor five star hotel fabulous hotel business hotel post box front office staff amazing service star service turn down service lunch or dinner long flight sister hotel special mention shopping mall every evening service provided business trip
Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

Visiting Port Louis well worth popping into this five star hotel for a coffee. We are duly welcomed by a very welcoming man on the door who tells us about the hotel. Very impressed worthy of staying a few days.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
IndigoHotels, General Manager at Labourdonnais Waterfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2017

Dear 429Happy,

I am very pleased that you decided to stop by and spend a moment to enjoy a cup of coffee at our property. All of our staff strive to provide a memorable and personalized experience to all of our guests. I do look forward to welcoming you back for you to enjoy a few days with us at the Labourdonnais Waterfront Hotel.

Reviewed 20 October 2017

Stayed for the end of my honeymoon here.

Positive:

- Room is simple but clean, chocolates appear every evening.
- Location is good and also over a food court and on the side by the tourist restaurants we didn't try so it is very safe.
- Toiletries are Bvlgari which were great.
- Lobby has beautiful goldfish and the staff were very helpful, storing my chocolates in the airconditioned staff office on the day we left.
Negative:
- Pool was nice but full of floating dead mosquitoes.
- Sauna was cold at 9pm and therefore couldn't be used.
- The airconditioning unit was leaking and dripping into the room which took a day to be fixed.
- The hairdryer cut out every two minutes and they firstly sent two engineers to my room who thought I was saying my iron wasn't working and then they failed to send up a hairdryer as promised and we were left with wet hair.
- The phonelines for reception/housekeeping/duty manager were busy when you wanted something.

Overall, nice place and would stay here again but it's not without issues.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SucroseObsession
IndigoHotels, General Manager at Labourdonnais Waterfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2017

Dear SucroseObsession,

Thank you for having shared your experience with us. I would like to apologise for the points that you have mentioned. This does not reflect our standards of service and I will definitely take this up with the housekeeping and front desk teams. Rest assured that upon your next visit, you will be pleasantly surprised, as all guest comments are welcome and serve to provide an even more memorable stay for our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back for a renewed experience.

Rolph Schmid – Managing Director

Reviewed 19 October 2017

The staff are incredibly welcoming and go the extra mile with their service.

The hotel is very clean, well appointed and in good condition.

The gym is is of a good size, the pool is a tad small but nice to lounge around.

The outdoor bar is a great way to watch the sunset and I can recommend the PIna Coladas!

Room Tip: Don't get one overlooking the Caudan shops and restaurants
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
IndigoHotels, General Manager at Labourdonnais Waterfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2017

Dear Fin_tastic_Flyer,

Thank you for having taken the time to rate and share your experience with us. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our property and facilities were up to your standards! The Post Box Lounge Bar is indeed a great place to enjoy the evenings and delicious cocktails! The next time you come around, I suggest that you visit the I Spa and take one of our sunset cruises to really enjoy the sunset! We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

This is a great hotel, albeit pricey but that's Mauritius for you. If you're booked into an executive room, you get club facilities till 10 PM, drinks and canapes and even hot snacks on discretion of the staff. You get great privacy and can enjoy some sport while sipping on a drink. What I did find weird was that they tend to replace nicer drinks with table drinks, like a black Label with Red Label totally randomly and you have to ask for the proper brand, which they will then bring to you on the double and almost a bit apologetically. Also fishy was that the contents of the minibar are locked, but you can call them to open it for you and it's all complimentary. Bizarre.

Other than that though, absolutely great service and fantastic staff with a brilliant Asian restaurant on the ground floor with smashing food. Check in was quick and painless and the harbour view is a a great respite after a long a hot days work. The ladies on the executive floor are especially friendly.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
IndigoHotels, General Manager at Labourdonnais Waterfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Dear Varun C,

I'd like to firstly thank you for such a lovely review of your experience at the Labourdonnais Waterfront Hotel. You may have found your home away from home where you can resource yourself and break away from all the outside hustle and bustle of the world on the 6th floor, in the Executive Lounge enjoying a select range of food and beverage available throughout the day, pure moments of serenity. I am pleased that you enjoyed the culinary experience at Yuzu, our Asian Fusion restaurant. Rest assured that your kind words will be passed on to our deserving staff. We look forward to welcoming you back Varun.

Reviewed 7 October 2017

Stayed for 5 nights for business. I enjoyed the amenities at the sister property like the gym, spa and pool. You take a 45 sec boat ride to get there. Great staff! Everyone made sure I had anything and everything I wanted. Nice rooms with a French style bathroom. Great view of the harbor. Breakfast was good although it was the same selection daily. I liked the champagne that was included with the breakfast. Nice hotel bar by the waterfront.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
IndigoHotels, General Manager at Labourdonnais Waterfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2017

Dear shokolatt,

I would like to thank you for your wonderful review. I am very pleases that you enjoyed our property and that of our sister hotel. As you have experienced, our staff strive to provide a memorable experience to our guests, with great attention to detail. I am pleased that you enjoyed our vast variety of breakfast options and the morning bubbles to top it off. The Post Box Lounge Bar is also a great place to enjoy the open air, lunch and a lovely evening apéro. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Rolph Schmid – Managing Director