Villa Anakao
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Great 4.5/5
Le Saint Georges(Port Louis)
Average 3/5
Very Good 4/5
Hotel Les Cocotiers(Rodrigues Island)
Good 3.5/5
  • Pool
Very Good 4/5
All reviewspublic beachrooms are bigswimming poolsea viewdirect accessbig stoneson arrivalplace to stayflic en flacthree nightspersonal touchpaulineanwartaxiislandaccommodationcapital
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 January 2018

This is a hidden gem! Very restful, spacious rooms, fantastic staff and a wonderful place to unwind. Felt like a private tropical paradise, but close to town and shopping. Located right on the local bus line makes getting around the Island fun and inexpensive. If we ever go back, Villa Anakao will be our first choice.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms afford easier access.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 January 2018

This is a unique place to get rest and to come back home after every day trip. The staff and the two managing ladies are overwhelmingly friendly and very helpful. Also, the dinners where well cooked and a positive surprise every day. You can even choose if you want to have all three courses or only select the ones you like.
If need beach life you can travel by bus or taxi, we had our own car which was very helpful also to do some food and drinks shopping in the wo well-stocked supermarkets nearby. The nicest public beach nearby is probably at Flic en Flac but I also recommend driving further down to the public Le Morne Brabant beaches.

Room Tip: The sea view room (orange) on the first floor is a true unique experience.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 November 2017

PLUS + This is an incredibly beautiful and welcoming place. The Villa is very 'pitoresque' and it's clean and nicely furnished. Our room was very nice with a small kitchen and a fridge. The best part however was our balcony on the top floor with a beautiful view over the pool area and the sea.
We stayed for almost two weeks and it was very relaxing and peaceful since many guests stayed for only a couple of days and often for business purpose. We were often alone in the poolarea during the day. The beach outside is not like the more popular beaches on the island since there where big stones mixed with sand, making it a bit tricky to access, but it was perfect for a nice swim in the sea when the pool felt boring. My fiance went fishing and actually caught a small barracuda. It was a magnificent view across the Laguna and outside the endless sea. Far out you could see the inlet for the big ships that came to the harbor of Port Louis.
The staff were just wonderful, always attending and making sure we had everything we could possible ask for. All smiles and nothing seems to be impossible. We had great help from to help us plan and also arrange for taxi trips around the island. It was very appreciated and something we will remember.
Breakfast was superb and you could choose to stay for dinner (one three dish menu but different every day) in the evening that was perfect if you did not choose to eat out.

MINUS - The neighborhood was a more genuine local neighborhood. It was friendly but with very small and narrow road which could be a bit risky to walk on since the cars where really driving quite fast.

BIG MINUS --- Perhaps we had been too pampered all trough our stay but that last day almost set down our rating a lot- During our stay we had the the help of Patricia in the reception from early in the morning to late in the evening. On our final two days however we had another person in the reception and on the day of our departure this person approached us on our way back from breakfast (around 8 o'clock) asking us a bit unfriendly to leave our room as soon as possible since the new guest had already arrived and was waiting. I think we just where a bit stunned. We went to our rooms, woke up our daughter who was still sleeping and asked her to get some breakfast, and hurriedly packed our things. When we came down to the reception with our luggage I asked if there where another room we could use since our flight did not depart until 23 pm that day. This could however not be done but we could put our luggage outside the reception and it was OK for us to stay at the pool area during the day. But she said that she could be able to help us to have a shower before the taxi came for the airport. So we stayed at the pool area the whole day (we did not want to leave our luggage unattended). In time before the taxi came I went looking for this lady in the reception to ask for that shower but she had already left for the day. I guess her job hours where done for the day and she apparently did not even think once about us I guess...
I felt really tired of the whole situation so we used the small toilet outside the reception to make a quick fresh up and change our cloths. But IF NOT for the perfect stay for the other days I would give my experience quite a low rating. However since I do recognize this as an action from just one single person I have chosen to take this experience away from my rating.

SUMMERY - We did LOVE our stay and we recommend it highly. I would very much like to come back one day.

//Christina and family

Room Tip: Choose room with sea view, preferable upstairs
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 November 2017

it is made with a lot of thought and purpose in mind. Well designed I must say for travellers who want to relax in Mauritius. Decent facilities in terms of food etc. Nice rooms. Had few problems wrt to hot water which were sorted out later but overall a good place to spend time in and around. Special mention to Patricia who was really helpful when it came to some payment glitches from my end.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

My partner & I chose this place primarily based on location as he was visiting family & attending various events close by. The reviews were pretty good too so took the plunge & went with it for 5 nights. Right from the word go we found the staff very welcoming & accommodating & we certainly got a wow factor when we walked inside. The room was huge, clean with a massive terrace all to ourselves. Throughout our stay the whole place exudes a feeling of tranquility. The honesty bar is a hoot. Breakfast is lovely, looked forward to the bowl of fruit every morning!! We also had a guest stay with us overnight at a days notice & he was made equally welcome & charged a very reasonable rate. I can't express enough how wonderful the staff were. The only negatives was the noisy road (if you have a room at the front) but then it's handy for buses & access to the capital!! Also our bathroom was a little tired & the hot water tap not working in the basin, a bit of a pain for shaving which was not resolved during our stay. To sum up this place is not for everyone, it suits older couples, singles & business people wanting access to the capital but somewhere to escape to in the evenings, we will be back.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple