See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 December 2016

This place is so comfortable for short or long term stays. The rooms are spacious and very clean. The staff is excellent. I love the restaurant overlooking the river. In the evenings they have local Malian artists. I had stayed a couple times when I had come on mission to Bamako when I was based in my organization’s regional office. The décor inspired my home décor once I moved to Bamako to join the office in Bamako. I still go often for dinner. The brochettes (either chicken or beef) with spinach are my favorite dish.

Room Tip: Not in the annex, second floor in the main building
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 July 2016 via mobile

One of those "can't complain" places - that is, it has all the basics that make a stay convenient such as clean bathroom, clean bedding, mosquito protection and convenient location to get around Bamako and the airport side of the river. Most evenings there is pleasant live Malian music as a backdrop and this can be quite pleasant watching silhouettes reflecting off the nearby Niger River. There is a fence and marsh seperating you and the river though. Food is acceptable and breakfasts continental - you can have an omelette on request. Security is good. The only detraction is that wifi coverage is patchy and unreliable.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 May 2016

good service, good menu, good location (for me since my meetings were in Badalaboubou Est and also right across the bridge in ACI2000). Staff were very helpful in storing luggage since I had to travel on mission and return.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 March 2016

Stayed 10 days for a business trip. Beautiful setting, well laid out. Food excellent. Plan to return and recommend to corporate colleagues. Only downside was uneven internet, fixed that with purchase of a flash drive modem.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 January 2015

I've stayed here several times on business 2014-15. The location is nice though the view of the river is not enhanced by the 3m metal fence. There is good music here most of the time, but sometimes it is not so pleasing. The rooms are comfortable, both in the riverside and across the street in the annex (though here you get the sounds of the city, which seem to include the occasional gunshots).

Villa Soudan is not known for its food. Sometime the meals are cold, the chicken tastes and feels re-cooked, and the bread is stale and dry. What's worst is the breakfast. The breakfast comprises a baguette, a dollop of jam, a butter, a small juice, and a coffee. Oh and a banana. Sometimes the coffee is so bad I cannot drink it. For $100 per night?

The staff likes to watch the widescreen TV at high volume. This really detracts from the ambiance, but I'm tired of asking them to turn it down.

Stayed: January 2015, travelled on business