“those onion rings....”

Cuisines: African, Barbecue, Bar, Grill
Dining options: Dinner, Buffet
Dining options: Dinner, Buffet
Reviewed 20 January 2018

I've eaten a steak with pepper sauce and cheddar...nothing exciting or tasteful. Chips where greasy and oily, onion rings a nightmare: they had really a bad taste. The service was just appearance: we were the only 2 customers that night and I asked for a Fanta passion and he brought me a fanta orange, I asked for chips and my friend for rice and they exchanged the sides so we had to eschange plate after each one of us had finished the meat. The bill came late beacuse the staff was chatting and laughing without real care of the customers.

KristenDw, Guest Relations Manager at Pensacola Spur Steak Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2018

Dear Pit B,

Thank you for review of our family restaurant. We're so sorry to know that this was your experience. Please share this review, along with your contact details with our Customer Care team on customer-care@spurcorp.nl so that we may address your concerns with the branch in question.

Spur Family

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

We were two couples and three children needing dinner. We were satisfied with our meals. The salad was excellent! The wait was just a little long but acceptable. The barbecued chicken breast was a tad tough but I enjoyed it. The chips (french fries) were very well prepared. We would eat here again when in Lilongwe.

Maxine L, Guest Relations Manager at Pensacola Spur Steak Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2017

Dear Sasesh-of-PA,

Thank you for taking the time to review our family restaurant. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again, soon.

Kind regards,
Spur Family

Reviewed 21 January 2017 via mobile

I had the grilled chicken with garden salad. The chicken was nice and crispy. The salad was so-so, the vegetables were nice and fresh. However there was no sauce and so it was rather blant. But! I was famished so i ate it all up.

The ambiance was the WORST of all the spurs i have been to in eastern and southern africa. The music was too loud and the staff was idly lounging. It was unpleasant.

I paid 6,000 kwacha for the meal. I am not sure if that's expensive or reasonable.

Maxine L, Guest Relations Manager at Pensacola Spur Steak Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2017

Dear NuranIdr,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback. We're so sorry to hear about your experience. Please share this review, along with your contact details with our Customer Care team on customer-care@spurcorp.nl so that we may address your concerns with the branch in question.

Spur Steak Ranch

Reviewed 18 August 2015

This is the worst Spur I have been to in my life and the worst place I have eaten in Malawi and I will never go back!
Ordered chicken and it was raw inside, oozing with blood and the Asian Manager/ Owner acted like it wasn't a big deal. Naturally I sent it back; waiter apologised and asked if I would like something else. I settled for onion rings, which were the greasiest, soggy, flavourless and most sad rings that I have seen and tasted in the entire world. Didn’t eat those either, asked for the bill and the Manager still charged me for the inedible chicken. I refused to pay and asked to see him and he refused to come out. Either way I didn’t pay. Tipped the waiter because to be fair he was the only saving grace. You could see he was truly embarrassed by his Managers/ Owners attitude and the disastrous dinner.
Honestly I feel for the waiters. They are attentive and all but cannot make up for the poor quality of food and the stinky attitudes of the owners.
The location is also terrible and there is no bathroom for customers. Instead you have to use the public toilet which is a horror story (dark, dirty no toilet paper and broken/no toilet seats - don't get me started on the smell...) I would expect Spur to have their own toilet and follow the same standards as South African Spur's but apparently not.
Safe to say I will never spend a dime at this Spur ever again...

1  Thank ZaraM0420