All reviews ghanaian dishes pretty food check in was smooth hotel area decent place to stay rooms are nice and clean air conditioning wifi elmina curtains africa furniture replicate laundry renovation atm driver
Reviewed 23 May 2016

This is the second time I have stayed at the Coconut Grove Regency, and both times I have been very impressed. The hotel is very clean and safe, and I have always felt comfortable here. The staff are almost always very helpful. For example, my AC went out and they quickly found me a new room for the night and were able to fix the unit in my room. The breakfast is good, and the restaurant has pretty good food for lunch and dinner. The wifi wasn't always reliable, but I've found that to be an issue almost everywhere I've stayed in Ghana. I would definitely stay here in the future.

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Ralph A, General Manager at Coconut Grove Regency Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2016

Thank you very much for choosing Coconut Grove Hotel and also for the opportunity to be of service to you. We look forward to offering you and your kind referrals memories worth repeating. Warm regards in the very near future.

Reviewed 20 May 2016

I brought a student group to Ghana for some research and consulting work. We stayed at the Coconut Grove Regency in Accra because it was close to where we needed to be.

Hotel has excellent WiFi, clean and spacious rooms, a very secure site, and good food. It was a comfort to come back to the hotel after a day running around in the heat of Accra.

I'll stay here again because the staff is so helpful and attentive to any needs that our group had.

Room tip: I have not seen a bad room.
Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Ralph A, General Manager at Coconut Grove Regency Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2016

Thank you very much for the opportunity to be of service to you. We appreciate the very kind words and look forward to hosting you and your kind referrals to our Hotels in Accra, Elmina and Obuasi. Warm regards and all the best

Reviewed 27 March 2016

was there for dinner, what a quaint little hotel near the immigration office, had some local food of banku and tilapia with chicken wings, two big club and some malt for 109 GHS which is a good price for a hotel..
nice pool and a open area to sit and chat

Room tip: over looking the pool
Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Ralph A, General Manager at Coconut Grove Regency Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2016

Greetings, we do appreciate you coming over to our Hotel and giving us the opportunity to be of service to you. As a policy we do patronize locally produced foods including rice and chicken amongst others. We look forward to hosting you again in the near future and also offering you 'memories worth repeating. Wish you all the best, warm regards

Reviewed 19 January 2016

November/December 2015, I contacted the hotel's sales and marketing manager, Sally to help my family organize my parents' 50th wedding anniversary event. She and her staff did a great job. They were very flexible. They worked with our budget and on January 3, 2016, Coconut Grove Regency helped us throw my parents a grand and memorable event. From event planning to music and food, Sally and her team did a great job! The guests are still talking about the event. If I could give them 10 stars for this, I would. I would recommend this hotel for events.

Date of stay: January 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank EfKay2016

Greetings, we do appreciate the opportunity you offered us to offer you service. Your parents surely deserve the best and we are glad you made us a part of that. We wish you the very best and hope to see you back in our Hotel very soon, warm regards and God bless you

Reviewed 8 December 2015 via mobile

Ive given this a 3 but it was more a 3-4. I've stayed in a few African countries and this was by far the best hotel I've stayed in.

The staff were friendly and they have a cute dog that chills in reception who loves a tummy rub!

Yes there's no lift, and they do help you up to your room on arrival, but I will admit if you have a heavy bag, it is a pain on leaving to carry it down.

Breakfast, they have a chef who can make you an omelette or scrambled eggs if you wish, but the overall choice was lacking a little but what was there was tasty.

The room was clean and they sprayed rooms of an evening while you re out to help with mosquitos. Cleaned daily and sheets and towels were clean. I didn't have any problems with lack of hot water and was up on the second floor.

There is a pool, I didn't use it but know some colleagues that did.

It isn't a hotel with all the thrills and crammed with technology and the wifi was pretty off and on in your room, better in the restaurant or reception but i had a pleasant and enjoyable stay there and would stay there again.

Date of stay: November 2015
Trip type: Travelled on business
Ralph A, General Manager at Coconut Grove Regency Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2016

Thank you very much for giving us the opportunity to be of service to you. We also appreciate you taking your time off to share your experience. We have gotten much much better with the internet in the guest rooms so you can enjoy it from the comfort of your room on your next visit. We thank you very much and look forward to hosting your referrals also in the very near future. Thank you and warm regards