All reviewsclose to the airportemailed the hotellady at receptionfree shuttleyod abyssiniaon arrivalquiet side streetbole airportlonger stayloved this hoteli strongly recommend this hotelabout minutes from the airportwithin walking distancethe location is perfectcultural restaurantedna mallafter midnight
Reviewed 25 May 2018

I was very happy with this hotel! I've traveled much and favor 3-4 star businessmen's hotels in commercial, rather than tourist sights, areas of a city when I do. Always a good combination of price, amenities and capable staff. Hotel Lobelia exceeded my expectations on all counts! In an upper-middle class Addis neighborhood and walking distance from many good restaurants. There is even a music club on the corner. Also, I used the driver affiliated with the hotel for my tours of the City's sights. Very satisfied, I highly recommend.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Teansae Y, General Manager at Hotel Lobelia, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2018

Dear Julian,

Thank you very much for your review. We are very glad that you chose our hotel for your stay in Addis. We warmly appreciate your kindness with how you expressed your satisfaction with our hotel. Rest assure that it is in our mission statement that we ensure that our guests feel very welcome and get the best services at all times.

Thanks again and we do hope to see you again.

Teansae Yilma

Reviewed 16 May 2018

Costumer Services are nice and have beautiful smile.Rooms are clean but like other Hotels single rooms have Condom smell and oily tables, Bed frames, doors its really annoying when you touch it, please guests take responsibility for what you doing. when you book double beds this problem can is rare.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Teansae Y, General Manager at Hotel Lobelia, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Dear Mr. Bahru,

Thank you very much for your perfect score. We feel very encouraged !

We thank you also for your comments. We'd like to assure you however that our property maintains a very strict schedule of cleaning the entire property including the floors and rooms as well. We also do a daily washing of all our bed sheets. We believe we can do more however, therefore we will take your comment very seriously.

Thank you again & hope to welcome you back sometime !

Reviewed 10 April 2018

I stayed at Lobelia for a few days with my family and it is for sure one of the best hotels in value for money in Addis! Already the welcome at the airport and the transfer to the hotel was well timed. As well as the airport drop at the end.
The room was very good and clean. All staff is extremely friendly and always with a smile.
Wi-Fi connectivity was strong and consistent. Food in Restaurant is great.
I enjoyed my stay and can only recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Teansae Y, General Manager at Hotel Lobelia, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

thank you for staying with us. we appreciate your feed back.

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

Great place to stay at: long term or short term.
Restaurants and other venues are nearby but hotel is away from the main Bole Road (walking distance) in a safe neighborhood .
Food in restaurant is plentiful, fresh and varied. On a nice day one can sit and dine on the terrace. One can also enjoy the cozy bar downstairs. Parking is available but limited. The restaurant next door has a vegetarian buffet worth checking out.
I would highly recommend this family owned 4 star hotel.
Et from Atlanta

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Esteemed Guest,

Thank you very much for your excellent ratings for our Hotel. Thank you also for sharing the details of our surroundings. Also, the main road close to our hotel, which is Cameroon Ave. is also known for its vibrant atmosphere with cuisines, bars and entertainment quarters including movie theatres, children's game center and so forth.

We do have maps available for guests as well.

We really hope to see your return soon !

Reviewed 19 March 2018

The shuttle offered to guest is a real advantage.
The drivers and the staff offer an amazing service!
Clean and big rooms
Good wifi connection
Restaurant and café at the lobby
It is also next to a restaurant that offer typical food and Ethiopian dances (300 meters).

The only downside is that I would have liked to have more breakfast options (breakfast was included in my reservation)

I recommend this hotel that meets the North American or European standards.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Christine,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us. It is really a pleasure to receive your excellent ratings on TripAdvisor. Your comments & observations are also extremely valuable to us, as we strive to improve with each and every stay.

It is certainly a fulfilling compliment that you recommend us to other travelers.

We look forward to be of service to you again in the near future.