All reviews capital city bigger room wonderful stay hotel room rooms are spacious three weeks room service free shuttle swimming pool central location lobby gm gym wifi uneca addis plug
Reviewed 11 December 2017

I booked at the hotel and I was given reservation numbers, on arrival I was told the hotel over booked guests therefore I will have to be lodged at a sister hotel which is not even graded for the night, I protested and it didn't help. I had to sleep at the sister hotel, the following day I had to go beg the to accommodate me at the main hotel which is Elilly. The Hotel manager was unapologetic and didn't even show any emotions that they are sorry. it was such a very traumatic experience for and my colleague having arrived at the hotel at 10:00pm. PLEASE DO CHECK YOUR BOOKINGS TIME AND AGAIN WITH THEM IF YOU HAPPEN TO CHOOSE THE HOTEL. THEY OVERBOOK INTENTIONALLY SO THAT THEIR "SISTER HOTELS" COULD BENEFIT ALSO.

Room Tip: food is most 95% local cuisine, all rooms overlooking other buildings.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank btshupeng
Bareentto, Manager at Elilly International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Dear Btshupen, we are very sorry for the inconvenience. However, we explained to you at the moment unfortunately the in house guests extended their stay. That was the turning to overbook.

Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

My reservation was made by UNECA, and initially the hotel mismanaged us by taking us to another hotel so late in the night because they were overbooked, eventually they redeemed themselves and took good care of us. I commend their staff--very friendly and helpful--

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Fred K
Bareentto, General Manager at Elilly International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2018

We are very sorry for the occasion to happen to you. unfortunately, the overbooking happen to us because of the in-house guests extended their stay.

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

Airport shuttle was smooth both ways. Check in was welcoming and the room was reasonably clean. Bed was comfortable and sheets were crisp. Main complaint is the size of the shower which felt small and yet left little room for the sink. Dinner on the 10 floor was pleasant however was not prepared for the automatic 10% tip included in the bill. Worth another visit.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Kufunda

Dear Kufunda,

We are happy to accommodate you in the very crowded time, sir. However, the size of the shower is small it is very comfortable and easy to access.

Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

After a delayed flight I was greeted with an argument at reception at 2am that my booking from Sunday to Tuesday night needed to be for 4 days instead of 3. The paperwork and infernal arguing took some time and all of my patience. I was allocated a broom closest 309 where the shower leaked all over the floor and with no wardrobe space to fit business clothes and a suitcase trestle in front of the wardrobe doors in a tetris configuration. I was moved the next day to a much bigger room that has a large sunny window and no aircon, so you cannot be there after the sun rises. At night you need to open windows so be prepared with insect repellant and antimalarial medication. The bathroom fan screeches like a jet aircraft and there is no way to switch it off. Be prepared to phone management a lot, like why is there only one wire coat hanger in the entire wardrobe and why is there only sachets of sugar on the beverages tray.

On the plus side, the rooms are clean and the beds and linen are good quality. They have got the consistency of the pillows just perfect. Except for those that seem to argue about basic mathematics, the staff are very cordial. The WiFi is pretty decent as well.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Dear Barry,
We appreciate your detail analysis and your appreciation.

Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

If u need the best food and drinks with really nice view Elilly is the great place, even u have dating it's really better, it's the best for meeting wedding and for any program, it's really interesting place

Stayed: October 2017