All reviews outdoor bar lively hotel swimming pool and gym other hotels my home away from home close to the airport light sleeper reception staff hotel is situated enjoyed my stay comfortable rooms shuttle service bole airport addis wifi ac cinema
Reviewed 24 June 2016

The hotel is excellent, service is excellent, I enjoyed too much staying in this hotel during my visit to Ethiopia. The food in the restaurant is very good specially the fruits.
I wish for it all the best

Room tip: Rooms are good specially in the floor 3 to 6
Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Yayirad Y, Director of Sales at Monarch Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2017

Dear Valued Guest, thank you for taking the time to share your impressions of our Hotel. We look forward to the earliest opportunity to serve you again better.

Reviewed 30 May 2016

I stayed at the Monarch Hotel in May 2016 while in Addis on business. I prefer to stay on the Bole' area so the location was great and I found a phenomenal rate for a 10 day stay.

For me while I am traveling, I want a hotel with good food, nice amenities, and an honest staff. the Monarch exceeds at all three. First the staff goes above and beyond to be friendly and accommodating. I had a 10:45 departure and they worked with me on a late checkout so I wasn't stuck without a room for most of my last day. The pool and bar area is great. Live music 3 or 4 nights a week and a very friendly atmosphere.

There was some construction going on while we stayed but nothing that interfered with my trip and since it seems that the entire city under constriction after a while we didn't even notice.

My one area that I saw could use some improvement was the breakfast buffet. It could use some work as far as more items available and variety.

All in all the Monarch is a great hotel and I highly recommend it.

1  Thank jaubrey22
Yonathan M, Guest Relations Manager at Monarch Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2016

Reviewed 26 May 2016

I have been in Addis for more than 5 years doing business and I have been in many hotels before. Since I started to stay in Monarch, I did enjoy my stay in Addis much more. The Hotel staff are so friendly and helpful. They are always smiling. The food there is so good that you don't need to go out for restaurants. The GYM is so nice specially the Steam and Sauna Rooms.
The pool looks so good but I didn't try yet. hopefully next time insA.
This was my second stay and I definitely will use it in future for me and for my team.

Room tip: For more quite sleep ask for the rooms on the back of the hotel.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Yonathan M, Guest Relations Manager at Monarch Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2016

Reviewed 17 May 2016

Really staying in Monarch Hotel is a fantastic experience , very nice room , big king size comfortable bed , outdoor area is AMAZING , full of life and entertainment , the staff are so friendly and very helpful , Many thanks chef Dawit for all the tasty special Diabetic food you did for me , Simply Monarch Hotel is the best in Addis for environment , people and location .

Room tip: Sometimes music sound is a bit loud

Reviewed 16 May 2016

This hotel is near the airport, and they provide a free shuttle. The rates are good, and the neighborhood is enjoyable. It's near the Medhane Alem Cathedral, which is great to visit on Sunday. The breakfast buffet is varied, and the wifi works well. The rooms range from quite small to quite large. There is usually entertainment at night out front, which can be somewhat noisy.

Date of stay: March 2016