All reviews close to the airport excellent service and hospitality home away from home driver abraham wifi comfort
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

I rarely write reviews due to laziness I feel compelled here. I stayed in Tizeze for two weeks, and it was a wonderful experience. The staff could not have been kinder or more hospitable. The rooms were gorgeous. The food was amazing. The attention to detail was 2nd to none. I hope to go back there again next year. Thank you and well done to the staff for a memorable stay

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank CatherineKingston
Abraham S, Manager at Tizeze Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2018

Dear CatherineKingston,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to give us your feedback on your stay at Tizeze Hotel. We are grateful to have you stay with us and are very happy that we have managed to make it enjoyable for you after a long days work. All of our staff recognizes what you have been doing for the duration of your stay and we are moved by the work you have done for our society, we are pleased that we were able to cater for all of your needs. All of our staff are delighted to read your feedback, we look forward to have you again next year.

Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

AVOID!! Manager is a scammer. He forced us to pay for our room twice (once online and once in person) and THREATENED TO CALL THE POLICE right when we were leaving for the airport if we did not pay again. Guards were literally told to prevent us from leaving the compound until we paid double; it was essentially theft.

All this because the manager decided he doesn’t like working with Jumia Travel (a well established travel booking website), yet still accepted our booking from that website. Clearly his issue, not ours.

This is only a problem with the manager; the other staff were kind, welcoming, and helpful.

However, I would strongly recommend finding a different place to stay so you don’t have to deal with the manager’s fraudulent and illegal behavior.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 764willieb
Abraham S, Manager at Tizeze Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2018

Dear Willie B,
Thank you for staying with us at Tizeze Hotel on your recent trip to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia and for sharing your feedback on this platform. I greatly appreciate your comments about our team of staffs that makes you fill welcome, Thank you very much Sir.

We deeply regret for the unfortunate incident that happened at last minute while you were leaving the hotel, we have discussed this mater in detail with our staff and other management teams and it is one that will never happen again.

This unfortunate incident happened because the company who reserve your hotel in Ethiopia have no work relationship with our hotel for the past two plus years. We have a number of invoices that were never been paid by Javago/ Jumia Travel. After speaking with you I have tried to track down the company and to resolve this before it escalate, sadly they have closed their office and left the country without properly notifying the parties involved.

I have put in plain words our work relationship with the OTA and the arrangements we have made with their representative office in Addis Ababa, hours before you leave the premises (4 hours earlier to be exact). I understand that you have received your refund from the OTA’s, as I was telling you, they gave me a call to discuss about the refund and I have approved it accordingly.

Sir, you have made a booking to stay in our hotel for a standard single room occupancy in our hotel and when we collect you from the airport with your partner (You booked a single room but stayed as a double room) I asked you to pay for the other person a visitor’s fee, but you refused to do so. Asking you to pay for the room you stayed cannot be considered as a theft.

Our hotel has been in business for long time, our hotel and the management that I represent is not a scammer, we value our customers and pride ourselves for the services and products we provide. We have never been a scammer, we are not and we will never ever be one.

Hope you will give us another chance to see the changes that we have implemented in effect.

Reviewed 22 November 2017

Beautiful and courteous staff who made me comfortable. I absolutely loved the food and fresh juices. To Abraham, Easy, Omar, and all the other staff who made my stay enjoyable; thank you!
The WIFI is decent enabling skype calls.

Room tip: Most rooms are quiet and very spacious
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 25 April 2017

Cleanliness is a priority of management, I liked the rooms as well as the service provided, everyone salutes and the waiters are very kind and helpful (Fetu, Alex, Omar, Melerkam and the others), the food is delicious and always well cooked (ethiopian food is usually very spicy), fruits, natural juice and especially coffe strucked me.
Another thing which caught my attention was the quiet neighborhood, and this, because the hotel is not on the main street.
The hotel is close to the airport and according to my friend who were in addis several times and tried a couple of hotels, it is the cleanest hotel and one from the best in addis even if there is no air conditionner there ;-).

Room tip: Romms in fourth and fifth floor are better, you can see addis from there.
Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 April 2017

This is a nice affordable hotel. The staff was always helping, spotless clean.
Near the airport, which can be a plus. With shuttle from the airport.
Continental breakfast was ok, do not expect much from it.
Nice experience. Recommended!