1,298 results
All reviews executive floor pool side great pool bit dated main restaurant ethiopian airlines an oasis addis tennis gym security expats transit banks compound atm
Reviewed 21 June 2018

It is the oldest hotel in Addis but still one of the best. There is a new modern part that was upgrade with modern rooms and amenities (which are big and clean). Regarding the old side well still classy. The restaurant is very good with different types of food. the staff is super friendly and helpful. There is an opening bar, restaurant, lounge area in front of the swimming pool with live music on certain days. The gym is average in size and well equipped.

Room Tip: The higher floor rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Seifu B, Front Office Manager at Hilton Addis Ababa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2018

Dear holigass,

Greetings from Hilton Addis Ababa!

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write and to give us your feedback on your recent stay with us. It allows us great insight into your experience.
Your compliments about our team members have been passed on to them and are greatly appreciated. At Hilton Addis Ababa, we aspire to reflecting true Ethiopian hospitality by providing the best service to our esteemed guests.

Reviewed 15 June 2018

Yes, the Hilton in Addis is old and they are working on the renovations, however, this hotel is in my experience still the best in Addis. Why? The staff truly keeps the Hilton values high. This staff and the services received at the Hilton in Addis are so much higher of standards then anywhere else in Addis, and that means a lot to me.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Seifu B, Front Office Manager at Hilton Addis Ababa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Dear globaltraveller912,

Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

After three weeks banging through the backroads of Cameroon and Ethiopia the Hilton and its staff gave me a great place to regroup. Room was good (Air con didn’t work), views were super and staff helpful

Stayed: May 2018
1  Thank Brian A
Seifu B, Front Office Manager at Hilton Addis Ababa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2018

Dear Brian A,
Greetings from Hilton Addis Ababa!

Thank you once again for bringing forth all the constructive comments. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly upon your next visit.

Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

Visited 40 years since last visit.
We had a la cart dinner in the restaurant that did offer s buffet.
We chose Ethiopian dishes that were very nice and the service was good.
The building has not changed in 40 years however it was adequate and very busy.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Seifu B, Front Office Manager at Hilton Addis Ababa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2018

Dear sebastianpT7438KW,

Greetings from Hilton Addis Ababa!

I am very sorry that we were note able to meet your expectations regarding the ageing of our property. Please accept my most sincere apologies and allow me to inform that Hilton Addis Ababa will go through a soft refurbishment program during the year 2018.

Reviewed 29 May 2018

I believe this is my six time at Hilton Addis, this time I stayed 8 weeks. Staff is very friendly och service minded. Location and hotel area very good. Business lounge staff excellent service, food and drinks can be improved. Gym area very good with new machines and excellent staff who guid you. Pool area good for swimming, rest and for family. Hotel is old but very charmfull, renovation has started which is very good.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business