1,320 results
All reviews executive floor pool side nice pool bit dated main restaurant business center an oasis addis tennis gym security banks compound atm
Reviewed 20 June 2016

Very old hotel with no improvements. Bathrooms are in need of improvements to toilets, showers and sinks. Hotel staff are really good and admit there are short comings in hotel quality. First trip to Addis so not sure what the about competition quality but many hotels newer.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Max W
Haakon G, General Manager at Hilton Addis Ababa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2016

Dear Max W.,

Greetings from Hilton Addis Ababa,

Thank you for your feedback which gives us a great insight into your experience in our hotel.
I really appreciate your compliment about our team members. Your commendation is recited. At Hilton Addis Ababa, we aspire to provide the best in class services reflecting true Ethiopian hospitality.
We have duly noted your comment about age of the rooms and I am happy to state that we are currently working with various stakeholders on renovation of the hotel.

Reviewed 18 June 2016 via mobile

The hotel is crying for a revamp. Rooms are musty and outdated have not been renovated since the 70's. Could hear neighbors in rooms next door almost as if there was no wall. Restaurant lacks atmosphere and totally overpriced. Reception staff are cold and militant. They waste 5 mins of your time when checking in trying to sell you a room upgrade. No free wifi (!). No fruit at breakfast. Old but well equipped gym.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Tim J
Haakon G, General Manager at Hilton Addis Ababa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2016

Dear Tim J.,

Greetings from Hilton Addis Ababa,

Thank you for taking time to write to us which gives us a great insight into your experience in our hotel.
I am pleased to know you are delighted with our gymnasium facilities.
We have duly noted your comments about age of the hotel and over all hotel facilities & services. Please accept my sincere apology for not able to meet your expectation.

Thank you once again for bringing forth all the constructive comments, we are working towards resolving the issues raised so that it will not happen again.

Reviewed 14 June 2016

I stayed at this hotel for nearly one month while working in Addis Ababa. The food was mediocre, the building itself is old and the decor is outdated. If there is any kind of party/event hosted by the hotel you will not sleep; there is no soundproofing. The rooms are quite cool as Addis Ababa is elevated, but you cannot control the heater and you will be freezing. TV shows just a few channels and internet access is pay by the day.

There is no value-for-money here. You would rather stay in a smaller hotel with better services and less people moving to and fro.

There is the option of using the pool for the day if you are not a resident of the hotel, but the pool is often green and should be closed on those days, so verify it's status before you pay to use the pool. Pool drink/food service is slow and staff frequently forget that you made an order. You need to remind them.

Room Tip: Cable internet is accessible (pay as you go/daily rate)
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank 613Junglist

Dear 613Junglist,

Greetings from Hilton Addis Ababa,

I apologize for the disappointment you had during your long stay. We have duly noted your comments about age of the hotel and over all hotel facilities & services. I am happy to state that we are currently working with various stakeholders on renovation of the hotel.

Thank you once again for bringing forth all the constructive comments, we are currently working towards resolving the points raised

I look forward to welcoming you to Hilton Addis Ababa in the near future with much better hotel facilities & services.

Reviewed 13 June 2016 via mobile

Ethiopian airlines arranged this hotel for us because we had a 15 hour gap between two flights. We got excited when we realised it was going to be a Hilton hotel. The positives first. Reasonably close to the airport so 20 to 30 min trip depending on the traffic. It was clean. The breakfast was good and there were loads to choose from. Staff was very friendly. Good internet in the room if you become a Hilton member of something or other. The negatives were that it looked and felt old. It smelled strange as well. The fact that there was a wedding in one of the restaurants/conference rooms didn't help. You could here all sorts of noises in the adjacent room through the wardrobe... I guess. The bathroom was old and made me feel uncomfortable using it. I had a shower though but my wife gave it a miss. The toilet flush was very noisy so if one is not a deep sleeper it would certainly wake you up. We haven't used any of the other facilities so I can't comment on that but overall 3 out of 5 is probably a fair score.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pavel P

Dear Pavel P.,

Greetings from Hilton Addis Ababa,

I am pleased to know you are delighted with our breakfast, cleanliness & Internet service. I really appreciate your compliment about our team members as well. Your commendation is recited. At Hilton Addis Ababa, we aspire to provide the best in class services reflecting true Ethiopian hospitality.
We have duly noted your comment about age of the rooms and the noise coming from the events inside the hotel. Please accept my sincere apology for not able to meet your expectation in this regard.
I am happy to state that we are currently working with various stakeholders on renovation of the hotel. Thank you once again for bringing forth all the constructive comments; we are working towards resolving the points raised.

Reviewed 13 June 2016

The staff are wonderful but the building needs serious updating. Paint, carpeting and decorating wold turn this place into a real resort. The amount you pay for a room is much to expensive for the condition of the hotel. So much potential.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business