“Neat environment, professional staff and tasty dishes”
Review of La Mandoline

La Mandoline
Ranked #6 of 307 Restaurants in Addis Ababa
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

This restaurant with its large terrace and outside, covered bar is embedded in a lovely and pleasant garden with large car park. For breakfast, I had a superb and tender omelette with salad, fresh and warm bred, butter and jam. The cappucino as well as the coffee 'Americano' was of delicious quality and, I am confident that other dishes, such as burgers and fries are of equal good qualitry. The staff is polite and professional and the prices are modest....very nice and beneficial location indeed.

2  Thank Martin Z

Reviewed 1 April 2018

My wife and I dine regularly at the La Mandoline. Whether we order their pork, beef, or fish dishes, or salads, they are always fabulous and very enjoyable.

Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

The place is nice, with a spacious Parking, the road access not in very good shape, but you can reach easily with a sedan car.
The menu was really basic, except the fondue who is a real French meal.The service was fast and well organized. First disappointment the restaurant didn’t accept debit card ! As a business traveler I need to justify my expense, cash payment is not the best. The taxi has already dropped me and I’m in Addis for only one night. I asked how can I get cash, a nearest hotel is indicated, 2 min walk, in the dark, while you just want to seat and relax...I finally ordered La Mandoline Salad, nothing special there, a basic salad without any specific french touch. The place was recommended by a friend of mine, my feedback is that place is expensive (265 bir for a salad and a large beer) not convenient at all for business travelers (no debit card accepted) and the limited menu didn’t make me feel like eating something specifically French that night. Bad experience not to be renew.

Reviewed 6 March 2018

A real nice place in the middle of chaotic city. Good quality food and wine like french tradition. Cosy place with a nice garden, clean toilet. A touch of family owned place when the father of the cook talked to each customer . It was the third time I was here and quality improves...

Reviewed 7 February 2018 via mobile

It is a very nice restaurant in Addis Ababa ..where you can be rest assured you ll be well served...