All reviewsrooms are comfortablegreat hotelresolvedconstructionspabolereceptionairportaddis
Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

As a frequent visitor in Addis I have stayed in many hotels around Bole. Sapphire is new, I loved the stay there. They made an effort to make the first stay special, free upgrade to deluxe and daily rose flower and chocolate gift in the evening. I'll be back.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Naser S, Marketing Manager at Sapphire Addis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted you have enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We are also glad our entire services were to your satisfaction. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Addis.

Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

Traveling from USA I really enjoyed all the amenities. We stayed a week and the service was wonderful! My wife wanted to be close to everything in Bole, Addis and not traveling far. Most of the shops and restaurants is in walking distance or one taxi. The interior is designed well. It feels like a 5 star. Although there’s no outdoor park or garden like the Hilton and Sheraton due to limited space. However, I would recommend this hotel over any. It’s extremely clean and a new building.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Naser S, Marketing Manager at Sapphire Addis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted you have enjoyed your stay at our hotel.Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Addis.

Reviewed 21 May 2018

I have spent here almost a month so I had the time to really see through the many layers of what the hotel can offer. I will go back there to enjoy a second long term stay, for sure.

I would say that the highest resource the hotel offers is its staff, who are kindness in flesh and blood. From guest relations to kitchen, housekeeping, maintenance, reception - and for sure many others I was not in contact with.

I was sick for 4 days and the kitchen prepared every day special food for me until I recovered. It is the kind of care that I think in the Western world we forgot about, so busy to be efficient. There is a humanity in Sapphire that brings tears in my eyes, because I miss to see this back in Europe.

Yes, there were little hurdles on the way - things to repair, room to change because of noise - but they were all eventually solved. My lasting impression are the respectful smiles and the funny way they pronounced my name, the gym run in the morning, the great massage in the evening, the beautiful foyer when you enter, the talks and bonding with many of the staff and managers of various departments. Yes, definitelly go for it.

Room Tip: If you have sensitive sleep, ask for a room in Building B, which is a bit further from the construction sites.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Naser S, Marketing Manager at Sapphire Addis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor.

We are happy our staffs were to your satisfaction. We appreciate you for recommending our hotel. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Addis.

Reviewed 15 May 2018

The hotel is well tended for, and the staff are very helpful. I stayed there for business, along with renting out the convention hall for over 40 attendees. The event was well prepared and professionally executed.
Restaurant serves fresh and tasty food, and the cafe in mezzanine floor serves a good assortment of drinks suitable for all occasions.

Room Tip: Rooms 01-03 do not offer the best view, but the mini balcony is still usable.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Naser S, Marketing Manager at Sapphire Addis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor.

It was a pleasure serving you and your guests. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We Thanks again, and we hope you'll choose Sapphire Addis Hotel the next time you're in Addis Ababa.

Reviewed 14 May 2018

I visited the gym at this hotel and was impressed on entering the foyer. Very spacious and modern and good looking. Everything appeared glitzy and new. The gym whilst small was sufficiently equipped for a good workout.

Whilst at the gym, I met one of Ethiopia's favourite tv personalities - Netsanet Werkeneh.

They also have a spa centre with a jacuzzi and sauna. A good coffee shop on the ground floor but it closes early. The hotel is quite central and close to the Airport.

Based on what I've seen, I can only imagine the rest would be as good.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Naser S, Marketing Manager at Sapphire Addis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor.

We are glad our health center was your satisfaction. We Thanks again, and we hope you'll choose Sapphire Addis Hotel the next time you're in Addis Ababa.