All reviews close to the airport edna mall quiet room non smoking room shuttle service bole airport restaurants and bars night life definitely stay here again business center pleasant stay enjoyed my stay internet connection gym addis security foyer
Reviewed 15 October 2016 via mobile

Harmony is located in the bustling business district about 10 minutes from Addis airport. The neighborhood feels more like a bustling SE Asian city than the capital of one of Africa's poorest countries. Noise is a downside of this, and I heard booming 'music' until late night from a neighboring disco. Rooms are ok - 3-4 star level. Everything worked (lights, wifi, hot water, etc). But it was difficult to get room service or other hotel services on the phone. Free airport shuttle is a plus. Bottom line: this is a relatively inexpensive, safe, functional place to stay in Addis. The neighborhood is great and hotels/restaurants are abundant. I would seek a better place next time.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Eyouel, Manager at Harmony Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2016

Dear raherold,

We would like to pass our deepest gratitude for taking the time to give us your feedback and thank you for choosing to stay with us.

We are pleased to receive your positive feedback and that you enjoyed the service and facility of our esteemed hotel.

Your feedback and comments helps us enhance the quality of our service.
We hope to see you again during your next visit to Addis and we will aim to make your next stay even more enjoyable than the last.

Reviewed 13 October 2016

Hi have stayed at Harmony numerous times over the last 4-5 years. I find their services reliable and consistent. Shuttle to/from the airport is always prompt. Staff are extremely helpful. Food is average or below average.

I used to like to stay here but I will start looking for a new place for future trips. The owners/managers are not re-investing in the building. Closets in the rooms no longer close correctly, furniture is chipped and worn, carpets are dirty and worn, walls are dirty, beds are becoming too soft because they are not being replaced.

The Harmony has been a staple business traveler hotel for many years. Time to take some of those profits and upgrade the rooms and facilities.

Room Tip: Top floors are better. Don't take rooms on 2nd or 4th floor. Third floor is used for events so it gets noisy.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business

Dear Sir/madame,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback & Thank you for choosing to stay with us.

We’re sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your experience here at harmony hotel. Though as you have mentioned in your feedback to renovate the rooms , we already have renovated most of the rooms & all the core points that you have raised have been looked over & we are almost coming through all of this related issues.

feedback like yours helps us grow & become a better hotel than we are today. despite this experience We do hope , you’ll come back & give us another try here at harmony hotel.

for us It is always a pleasure to receive feedback from patrons as yourself on our services that we provide. I have personally shared your comments with our Team.

Reviewed 7 October 2016 via mobile

I have stayed here on behalf of my customer who is located locally. The hotel is a short trip from the Airport so for me the convenience is very good.

It certainly seems popular with a good mix of people of many countries and cultures in residence.

The breakfast is well produced with many different choices. It should certainly cater for all tastes. As is expected fresh eggs are prepared to your taste as requested if you want.

Evening meal have also been good though my preference is the Indian restaurant on the ground floor. The main restaurant serves a lovely buffet but I felt the Al la carte let this restaurant down. On the evening I had this the service was very slow despite few customers. The rice was a bit cold but I admit I didn't bother to complain because I wasn't too bothered.

The pool is lovely though I would have preferred the spa/jacuzzi to be warmer as the outside temperature is quite low in the evening. The steam room and sauna were also nice.

As some people have said there is some noise going on but I expect that in busy hotels. The bed was reasonably comfortable but I could feel the springs at times. Maybe a matress topper would solve this.

Finally a chocolate on the pillow when I returned from work some nights was a nice gesture. Thanks.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business

Dear Neil P

Thank you for sharing your feedback from your stay and for your positive review towards our hotel. We are very pleased to know that you enjoyed the service of the health center, the accommodation and the Asian Restaurant.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the difficulty regarding the service being slow we have forwarded this to the concerned department.

Nothing gives us more pleasure than knowing our customers are satisfied with our offerings.

Reviewed 1 October 2016 via mobile

Went to have steam sauna massage. The health centre seems quite busy and had one of the best massage. I liked it and will visit again. I hope to get similar or better experience. Ah and there is Indian restaurant that looked nice. Did not try food.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Eyouel, Manager at Harmony Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2016

Dear Mr. Ahmed,

Thank you for sharing your feedback from your stay and for your positive review towards our hotel. We are very pleased to know that you enjoyed the service of our health center& the accommodation.

Hospitality Regards,
DGM(Operation)

Reviewed 28 September 2016 via mobile

I am staying/stayed at the Harmony last night and this evening as well, while I am in Addis Ababa for a short business trip. Overall, my experience at the hotel was really good - the staff are extremely friendly and helpful, the room was big and clean and the food was good (although a little expensive by local standards). Some of the hotel's fittings are a little garish and might remind you of a Vegas hotel, albeit a good Vegas hotel (just a cosmetic thing). The hotel is well-situated, with free airport transfers there and back and really good free wifi.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business

Dear Mr. Renate ,

Thank you for sharing your feedback from your stay and for your positive review towards our hotel. We are very pleased to know that you enjoyed the service of our transportation, the accommodation of our hotel .

Hospitality Regards,