“Climbed Mount Cameroon with Volcanic Spirit. It was the most challenging and rewarding experience EVER!!!”
Review of Mount Cameroon

Mount Cameroon
Ranked #5 of 73 things to do in Cameroon
More attraction details
Owner description: Mount Cameroon is the highest mountain in center and west African 4095m this mountain is made up of vocalno rocks, forest and Animals sweetable for tourism. Mount Cameroon also has a Queen call Sarah Etonge she is refer to as the Queen of Mount Cameroon because she has won the annual mount Cameroon race of hope for 7 times. And she is also the founder of this organization aims at promote and sustain ecotourism on mount Cameroon Region. Visit the mountain of greatness with the queen she knows the the mountain BEST.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

For my first hike up Mount Cameroon, I needed reliable, experienced and motivated crew to get me to the top. Volcanic Spirit was that crew. I highly recommend this amazing company. The whole team and porters especially, are highly supportive throughout the trip. Ask for Jim or Marc, they are the baddest! Feel free to send me an email for tips and personal recommendations as you prepare for the hike.

All reviews
in 5 reviews
in 6 reviews
in 32 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I went on a 2 day hiking trip through the tour guide company Volcanic Spirit. It was an amazing experience and one I am truly considering doing again some time. It is an extremely challenging but worthwhile experience that pushes your mental and physical limits.

The views from half-way, through to the summit (especially the summit) are absolutely breath-taking and will leave you stunned. The diverse vegetation is also a thing to behold, and will keep you going to discover more. The guides and porters for Volcanic Spirit were also very encouraging to keep all of us going. Volcanic Spirit also had everything well organized for us, including recommended exercises to prep all of us for the climb. I also recommend going with only whats necessary and no more. You'll be assigned a porter, and taking only whats necessary will free you up to make the climb.

Volcanic Spirit's contact is volcanicspiritinc@gmail.com , or (+237) 694178856. Give them a call or shoot them an email for more info. They are very responsive and cordial. Good luck and enjoy the experience.

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

We hiked the Mount Cameroon with the Volcanic Spirit Company, this was super cool with awesome potters and guides, who actually encouraged & motivated us to overcome the 4days trip in 3days Seeing some elephants through the elephant track was super interesting too. I personally suggest Volcanic Spirit on any tour in Cameroon.

1  Thank Epie J
Reviewed 19 January 2018

We chose a 3 days hiking trip (as a couple) in January 2017. Everything was set by email a week before the hike (food arrangements, equipements that we wanted to rent, trails that we wanted to do, hours of arrival, hours for filling the papers, and even hours that the manager promise us we should be hiking on the mountain). When we arrived the first morning, nothing was prepared. Litterally nothing. Two women’s in the office had to go trough the tents (that we’re obviously broken!), the mattress and sleeping bags. We also had to repeat all the info that I gave before on the email… So at 11am we where not even hiking yet. Stil troubleshooting and trying to understand all that confusion in the office. Food was not ready (but they said they we’re taking charge of it…!?!?) so they sent us in taxi to a local store. You know, those local store where you find chocolat, candy and greenish nuclear liquid… nothing really consisting to hike a 4100m mountain, haha! In the end, the morning was really exhausting and yet, we were not even climbing the mountain. The people in the office clearly have never walked in the mountain, probably not even to the first hut. They don’t know time and distance of walk between huts, they don’t know what equipment and food is required. We’ve asked them a week before the hike ‘’what kind of weather we should be expecting on the last stretch of the hike’’, which they answered ‘’it will be good weather…..’’ ……..!!!

Our guide Robinson was an absolute Saint! The best! He had walked and run trough the mountain since 20 years…. he knows it by heart. Really funny guy with awesome experience and stories. He knows everything that you need to know to do this hike… He should be running that office haha! Our 2 porters, Zach and Martin we’re as awesome as Robinson! Always there to check on us and help us with different steps of the mountain. So don’t get us wrong… the morning experience at the office was incredibly bad. Like we never had before. This as nothing to do with the professionalism and enthusiasm of the guide and the porters. We had a crazy good time on the mountain, a real life experience. In the end, there is plenty of other way to climb the mountain by dealing directly with guides and porters.. just look out on google and you’ll find!

1  Thank Gregory F