“Get Set Go ! Slow and Steady to claim the Hill”
Review of Mount Cameroon

Mount Cameroon
Ranked #5 of 72 things to do in Cameroon
More attraction details
Owner description: Mount Cameroon is the highest mountain in center and west African 4095m this mountain is made up of vocalno rocks, forest and Animals sweetable for tourism. Mount Cameroon also has a Queen call Sarah Etonge she is refer to as the Queen of Mount Cameroon because she has won the annual mount Cameroon race of hope for 7 times. And she is also the founder of this organization aims at promote and sustain ecotourism on mount Cameroon Region. Visit the mountain of greatness with the queen she knows the the mountain BEST.
Reviewed 4 July 2016 via mobile

Beautiful place, located at Buea old capital of Cameroun during German times. Claimed till Mt Cameroon National Park. Excellent place for trekking. Went with friends and Guide was good and friendly.

3  Thank Makhizhnan

Reviewed 23 April 2016

When I started running up hill, I was not getting far. Weather was too mixed in Buea. It takes some time anyway, at least five to six hours (if you are sprinting uphill for the Mount Cameroon Race of Hope!). Anyway, slower or faster, next time higher luck.

2  Thank andreaskahler
Reviewed 19 February 2016

During my three year term of service as a Peace Corps Volunteer, I trekked with my best friend up Mt. Cameroon in 2015 for a three day tour. As a novice hiker, I didn’t know what to expect and was not the athletic type. Nevertheless, Mt. Cameroon is a must see when you visit Cameroon. In light of this, we did our research and booked our trip with, the paramount hiking group in Cameroon, HADY!! They provided the best price, food, and professional service ever!! All of our needs were met and we gained wonderful insights about the mountain’s terrain. This group is the best of the best and no other trekking group can compare.

Not only does this organization provide you with optimal service, HADY uses their profits from each tour to implement community service projects and finance their personal endeavors of obtaining an undergraduate degree.

I would absolutely recommend booking a tour with HADY. You will definitely have a memorable experience and an excellence trip with these awesome tour guides!!!!

1  Thank Erica J
Reviewed 16 February 2016

HADY has provided delicious food, great company, and quality guiding services in general all three times I have climbed Mount Cameroon with a group. Whether with my elderly parents, semi-fit friends, or super-climbers, they are great! Walters Chin has been especially helpful in arranging for lodging, picking us up in the mornings, and generally making everything easier in Buea. It might be more expensive than other attractions in Cameroon, or than other guiding services, but Mount Cameroon is NOT the place to skimp! There is always enough water (not always true of other guiding services), and the guides are careful to leave the trail looking better than they found it.

1  Thank Katherine M
Reviewed 15 February 2016

This past weekend, I did a day hike of Mount Cameroon that I had organized through the Mount CEO Ecotourism Office. The office staff were incredibly helpful and very well-organized and provided me with a variety of different trip options to choose from. The hike itself was gorgeous, climbing through lush and vibrant rainforest. I saw many enormous trees, beautiful flowers, and several different types of butterflies. Afterwards, I felt totally refreshed :).

One of the best parts of an all-around awesome hike was my guide, Robinson. He is incredibly friendly and enthusiastic about the mountain. In fact, he has run the annual race up the mountain many times! He taught me a lot about the different plant species, including their medicinal properties, as well as about Buea, the tribes of the region, and Cameroonian music. I had a great time chatting with him along the way, and I recommend that you ask to hike with him if you are planning to come to Mount Cameroon.

5  Thank Lauren E