“HADY has been great every time I've climbed Mt. Cameroon!”
Review of Mount Cameroon

Mount Cameroon
Ranked #5 of 72 things to do in Cameroon
More attraction details
Owner description: Mount Cameroon is the highest mountain in center and west African 4095m this mountain is made up of vocalno rocks, forest and Animals sweetable for tourism. Mount Cameroon also has a Queen call Sarah Etonge she is refer to as the Queen of Mount Cameroon because she has won the annual mount Cameroon race of hope for 7 times. And she is also the founder of this organization aims at promote and sustain ecotourism on mount Cameroon Region. Visit the mountain of greatness with the queen she knows the the mountain BEST.
Reviewed 16 February 2016

HADY has provided delicious food, great company, and quality guiding services in general all three times I have climbed Mount Cameroon with a group. Whether with my elderly parents, semi-fit friends, or super-climbers, they are great! Walters Chin has been especially helpful in arranging for lodging, picking us up in the mornings, and generally making everything easier in Buea. It might be more expensive than other attractions in Cameroon, or than other guiding services, but Mount Cameroon is NOT the place to skimp! There is always enough water (not always true of other guiding services), and the guides are careful to leave the trail looking better than they found it.

1  Thank Katherine M

Reviewed 15 February 2016

This past weekend, I did a day hike of Mount Cameroon that I had organized through the Mount CEO Ecotourism Office. The office staff were incredibly helpful and very well-organized and provided me with a variety of different trip options to choose from. The hike itself was gorgeous, climbing through lush and vibrant rainforest. I saw many enormous trees, beautiful flowers, and several different types of butterflies. Afterwards, I felt totally refreshed :).

One of the best parts of an all-around awesome hike was my guide, Robinson. He is incredibly friendly and enthusiastic about the mountain. In fact, he has run the annual race up the mountain many times! He taught me a lot about the different plant species, including their medicinal properties, as well as about Buea, the tribes of the region, and Cameroonian music. I had a great time chatting with him along the way, and I recommend that you ask to hike with him if you are planning to come to Mount Cameroon.

5  Thank Lauren E
Reviewed 2 February 2016

This review is long over due. I came home to Africa for the first time during the month of December with my wife and mother. The main highlight of my trip was to climb Mount Fako (Cameroon) with Peter and Marcel. I read great reviews and also wanted a great cultural immersion. I was in constant communications with Peter before arriving to Cameroon. I left Douala with my family and traveled to Limbe/Buea. I had the absolute best time of my life. I stayed in Limbe and took a taxi and bus to Buea with my climbing gear. Once I arrived in Buea I met Peter at the location we spoke to prior to my arrival. I was welcomed by Peter, Marcel, and their business associates who took care of my paperwork and on boarding.

Marcel took me up initially and Peter was right behind us. Peter and Marcel treated me like their brother, they don't know this but it actually brought a tear to my eye :) They were knowledgeable about every aspect of the mountain, including the plants and the history of the people who live in the Mountain. Peter is also a POLICY WONK! He knows International Policy and has a knack for domestic and foreign affairs. Our talks walking up, resting, breakfast, dinner, and before bedtime were lively, and very enjoyable.

Marcel is an EXCELLENT cook, and maintains a very calm and peaceful demeanor. He is little quite but very engaging. We all had a good time. The climb and experience was well worth it. I highly recommend Peter and Marcel. They will not let you down. They are very business minded and really do care about their customers (Which is the first rule of business). Young, Smart, Talented, and both have extremely bright futures in Business. I can't wait until I come back to Limbe/Buea (my two favorite regions in Cameroon next to Bamenda and Oveng). Until next time guys. Much Love, and Much Respect. Your Brother -Jimmy

3  Thank Jimmy P
Reviewed 12 January 2016

Climbing Mount Cameroon is definitely something I would recommend doing!! The mountain itself is stunningly beautiful and it is such a great experience, hikers of any experience can climb Mount Cameroon. I especially recommend using HADY as your guides when climbing, you will definitely need porters and a guide and the gentlemen who work for HADY are so incredibly professional and helpful and made my mountain experience unforgettable!

1  Thank Aly A
Reviewed 5 January 2016

Very friendly and organised guide for the mountain. Peter the guide did a great job of organising my trip all the way from Douala. He picked me up at my hotel in Douala, organised transport to Buea, where he organised transport and accommodation. He then took me to the summit of the mountain and back with no problems, and it was a great experience. He was great company, and made sure that we ate well on the mountain. Definitely recommended! :-)

1  Thank GabrielG913