See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 December 2017

We we driving from Chicago to Denver when our hood blew up causing a major accident. Nothing scarier than being stuck in a small middle of nowhere town for this big city girlbut the owner of this motel was super sweet and kind to us after our misfortune. This isn't any fancy inn but it's clean and comfy and there's a diner across the road. I was brought here by our emergency road service driver who recommended it and Im so glad he did.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Hopep1974
Reviewed 22 January 2015

Lets just say this place reminds me of the movie Psycho. when I first walked in I seen a lot of black stains on the carpet. The smell of the room reminded me of stale cigarettes. The bed sheets were a little different.. they were pink as well as floral. & the bathroom was a little gross. Scum and green stuff around the shower including the sink.

Room Tip: if you're looking for an adventure, and once in a lifetime experience.
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 October 2013

The night was very rainy and stormy, with thunder and lightning closing in on us. We were planning to stay in Audubon and visit Albert the Big Bull, but there was no room at the inn. So we had to head out into the wild weather on our first night in Iowa, and look for shelter.
It was at the aptly named drenched, small town of Atlantic that we found the quaint old style Motel with the great name "A Ford O". The lady at reception was very friendly and showed us the available rooms, which we had to take because there was really nothing else around unless we wanted to keep driving around and around.
The rooms were old and could well have been furnished by Goodwill. The bathroom fittings were original c1960s. I like vintage things though. And it did smell a bit stale in there. BUT it was quite adequate and comfy, and seemed clean enough.
For the price, it was good. Very cheap, and there was free WIFI. It was so old fashioned they even had VCR players in the rooms and videos you could watch for free available in the office.
Sometimes what may appear to be a bad idea turns out to be a Godsend.
And we got to see the impressive Albert the Big Bull the next day.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank catwic57
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Stayed here while biking out to RAGBRAI. Staff was friendly and room was cheap. It was clean enough for me, but I'd consider spending more money on a better room if the wife was with me. I'd say this is a case of you get what you pay for, and for me it was a decent value.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Matt N
Reviewed 11 January 2013

There are (were) two inexpensive mom & pop motels in Atlantic, Turkey Creek (closed as of Jan 2013) and the A Ford O. Both are somewhat "rustic" in terms of interior appointments, but still reasonably clean and well maintained. My group puts on a classic car cruise across Iowa each summer, and several of us stayed there last year. The rooms were clean and comfortable, with working WiFi. All this for 41 bucks. Total. Hard to beat that. I'd stay there again. Come to think of it, I just did this past Wednesday night. I'll be back.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business