“Dinner”
Review of Espretto - CLOSED

Espretto
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: Nothing beats a great cup of coffee. From the hot beverages we serve at breakfast to the espresso we serve in the lounge to the takeaway cappuccino served in the café, we can be confident that every cup is prepared with the same dedication and commitment.
Reviewed 19 March 2016 via mobile

The waiters are always waiting outside looking for potential customers. Choice seats and the service is great too. The food was amazing my girlfriend had a hake with fries and i the pork chops also with fries. Both meals were amazing i would reccomend it if you love gaborone.

Date of visit: March 2016

Reviewed 26 October 2015

Located at Masa Centre next to Lansmore hotel, a bit of a concrete enclosure but generally good.

Could be better - myself and colleague both ordered breakfast, the same Eggs Benedict , mine arrived with out the salmon, his without the eggs.

Chef kindly explained how she had concluded to serve Eggs Benedict with the eggs. Sounded almost plausible - people are so nice here !

Date of visit: October 2015
Rupert E, General Manager at Espretto, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2015

I would love to tell you that Eggs Benedict without the eggs is a local delicacy but I would be lying. I am so sorry for what looks like a quite staggering oversight on the part of the person cooking your breakfast and the person serving it. We strive and train very hard to deliver excellence and what a let down.

I would be interested to know if you had your complaint acknowledged by a supervisor or not as remarkably this blunder never reached my ears.

I am sorry this happened - genuinely.

Reviewed 15 August 2015

Good place for a quick meeting and a cup of coffee, especially in the summer when you can sit outside.

Date of visit: July 2015
Rupert E, General Manager at Espretto, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2015

Thank you for your kind review - I hope you come back again and again!

Reviewed 2 August 2015

A small selection of pizza and steak dishes, fish and chips and a traditional menu at reasonable prices. Drinks were rather pricey but not out of line with other nearby restaurants. This is a gathering place for hotel residents and locals in the early evening and can get a little noisey. The service was fast and staff relatively friendly.

Date of visit: July 2015
Rupert E, General Manager at Espretto, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2015

Another kind review - thank you - I am disappointed the staff were only 'relatively' friendly. Ideally you should be overwhelmed by their charm offensives. In any event - thank you again.
Rupert

Reviewed 13 July 2015

Espretto has a great location, adjacent to the Lansmore Masa Square Hotel in the nice open courtyard - but the service is inconsistent and they are frequently out of "staple" menu items (also, they will not likely tell you this until 10 minutes after you order). Suggest asking up front whether they are out of anything. But the food and drinks are good when you get them!

Date of visit: May 2015
Rupert E, General Manager at Espretto, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2015

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to leave a review- I only wish we had done better for you. We clearly have some more work to do in terms of training (and ordering!) and my apologies for the irritation I know it causes when one is told that one thing you were especially looking forward to is not available. Even more so when you have already ordered it!
Thank you for your continued support - I hope you will see some improvements